Sensex, Nifty Recoup Most Of Weekly Losses In Friday Rally
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty Rally To Recoup Most Of Weekly Losses
Indian equity benchmarks halted a three-day losing streak and erased most of weekly losses with just today’s rally.
The S&P BSE Sensex rose 1 percent to close at 41,575.14 and the NSE Nifty 50 rose 0.98 percent to end at 12,245.80. The broader markets represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index rose 0.93 percent.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of buyers. About 1,116 stocks advanced and 678 shares declined on National Stock Exchange.
All the 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE ended higher, led by the NSE Nifty PSU Bank Index’s 2.9 percent advance.
Fab Four Stocks Of The Day
- Shares of ICICI Securities rose as much as 14.3 percent to Rs 415.80, the heist since May 2018.
- The stock was the best performer on NSE Nifty 500 Index.
HG Infra Engineering
- Stock rose as much as 10.9 percent, the most since Nov. 15, 2019, to Rs 269.80.
- Declared L-1 Bidder for HAM Project in Haryana for worth Rs 372.1 crore.
- Stock rose as much as 3.7 percent to Rs 1,889.
- Fresh longs seen with high open interest of 26 percent.
- Trading volume was three times its 20-day average.
Indian Overseas Bank
- Stock rose as much as 13.7 percent to Rs 12.85.
- Government infuses Rs 4360 crore via preferential allotment.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
Federal-Mogul Goetze India
- Stock rose as much as 1.4 percent to Rs 662.90.
- Trading volume was 17 times its 20-day average.
Bank of Maharashtra
- Stock swung from a gain of as much as 5.3 percent to fall as much as 4.9 percent.
- Trading volume was seven times its 20-day average.
Global Markets Update: Global Stocks Hit Fresh Records
Stocks climbed worldwide and propelled global benchmarks to fresh records on Friday as robust gains in tech shares make 2019 a year to remember for risk assets.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index advanced 0.2 percent.
- Futures on the S&P 500 Index climbed 0.2 percent.
- The U.K.’s FTSE 100 Index gained 0.3 percent.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index jumped 0.5 percent.
Get your daily fix of global markets here.
Sical Logistics Hits 5% Lower Circuit
Shares of Sical Logistics hit their lower circuit of 5 percent at Rs 16.25.
The company said that they would default on payment of non-convertible debentures interest worth Rs 5.5 crore falling due on Dec. 27, due to a cash flow mismatch.
Of the shares traded, 12 percent were at the ask price and 85 percent were at the bid, Bloomberg data showed.
HG Infra Engineering Surges The Most In Over A Month
Shares of HG Infra Engineering rose as much as 10.9 percent, the most since Nov. 15, 2019, to Rs 269.80.
The company was declared L-1 Bidder for HAM Project in Haryana for worth Rs 372.1 crore.
The stock returned 12 percent in the past five days and 5.5 percent in the past 30 days, according to Bloomberg data.