SBI, Airtel Help Sensex, Nifty Notch Second Day Of Gains
Closing Bell: SBI, Airtel Help Sensex, Nifty Notch Second Day Of Gains
Indian equity indices ended higher for the second consecutive trading session, led by the gain in Bharti Airtel Ltd. and Vodafone Idea Ltd.
The S&P BSE Sensex rose 0.17 percent to close at 40,356.69 and the NSE Nifty 50 rose 0.2 percent to end at 11,895.45. The broader markets represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index rose 0.18 percent.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of sellers. About 985 stocks and 834 shares declined on National Stock Exchange.
Six out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE ended higher, led by the NSE Nifty PSU Bank Index’s 3.3 percent gain. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty IT Index was the top sectoral loser, down 0.51 percent.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
- Stock rose as much as 20 percent to Rs 18.90.
- Trading volume was more 20 times its 20-day average.
- Stock fell as much as 17.4 percent to Rs 129.
- Trading volume was more than 16 times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 8.5 percent to Rs 306.
- Trading volume was almost nine times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 6.1 percent to Rs 1,725.
- Trading volume was more than six times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 9.9 percent to Rs 158.20.
- Trading volume was more than two times its 20-day average.
Blackstone Invests Rs 1,750 Crore In Future Lifestyle Fashions, Holding Company
Blackstone invested Rs 1,750 crore in Future Lifestyle Fashions Ltd. and its holding company Ryka Commercial Ventures, according to Future Lifestyle's stock exchange filing.
“Balckstone has also acquired a 6 percent stake in Future Lifestyle through a block deal with Ryka,” according to the media statement.
“The proceeds of the investment has been utilized to retire/pre-retire all existing financial obligations of Ryka, consolidating Future Lifestyle's encumbrances with one long term investor,” it added.
Global Market Update: Europe Stocks Gain
European and Asian stocks climbed alongside U.S. equity futures on Friday after a senior American official signalled progress on a trade deal between the world’s two largest economies.
- Futures on the S&P 500 Index gained 0.2 percent.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index gained 0.4 percent.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index climbed 0.6 percent.
Get your daily fix of global markets here.
PSU Banks Rally, Central Bank Of India Surges 9%
The NSE Nifty PSU Bank Index rose nearly 4 percent, led by the rally in Central Bank of India, Bank of India and State Bank of India.
Large Trade Alert: Cipla
About 36.6 lakh shares of the company changed hands in a large trade, Bloomberg data showed. Buyers and sellers were not known immediately.