Sensex, Nifty End Mahurat Trading Session With Gains; OMCs Outperform
Closing Bell: A Positive Start To The New Year
Indian equity markets begun Samvat 2077 on a positive note, ending the Mahurat Trading session with modest gains, after cooling off from the session's high.
The S&P BSE Sensex ended 0.45% higher at 43,637 while the NSE Nifty 50 index gained at a record closing high of 12,780 - up 0.5%.
Sectoral indices too ended with modest gains. The I.T and Realty indices ended with gains of 0.5% while the Nifty Pharma index ended with gains of 0.4%.
Nifty Bank, Nifty Auto, Nifty Metal indices ended with gains of 0.2%.
Smallcaps outperformed the benchmarks in today's sessions. The index ended 0.7% higher while the midcap index closed 0.4% higher.
1,391 stocks on the NSE ended with gains while 397 stocks declined.
Buzzing Stock: Arvind
- Gains as much as 6.7% to Rs 42
- Up for the sixth straight day
- Trading at the highest level since February 2020
- Up 22% in six sessions
Other Logistics Stocks Buzzing As Well
- Snowman Logistics - Up 20% and trading at the highest level since April 2018. The stock is up for the sixth straight day.
- Allcargo Logistics - Up 3.6% and trading at the highest level in nearly two months.
- Mahindra Logistics - Up as much as 5.2% and trading at the highest level in nearly nine months. The stock is up for the third straight day.
Buzzing Stock: GATI
- Gains as much as 13.1% to Rs 89.7
- Trading at the highest level since April 2019
- Up 24% in the last two trading sessions
- Stock in overbought territory with Relative Strength Index (RSI) at 84
Adani Group Stocks Buzzing
- Adani Enterprises - Up 1.2%; gaining for the sixth straight day and at a record high
- Adani Green Energy - Up 1.4%; gaining for the fourth straight day and at a record high
- Adani Transmission - Up 2.4%; gaining for the sixth straight day and at a nine-month high