Sensex Clocks Longest Winning Streak In Three Weeks
Closing Bell: Sensex Ends 232 Points Higher, Nifty Settles Above 10,850
India’s Sensex rose for fourth day in a row and clocked its longest winning streak since Dec. 19 led by ITC, HDFC twins, Axis Bank and Infosys.
The S&P BSE Sensex rose 0.64 percent or 232 points to 36,213 and the NSE Nifty 50 Index climbed 0.49 percent or 53 points to 10,855.
Thirteen of 19 sector gauges compiled by BSE ended higher led by the S&P BSE FMCG Index’s 1.11 percent gain. On the flipside, S&P BSE Oil & Gas Index was top loser, down 1.74 percent.
Mid- and small-cap shares underperformed their larger peers as the S&P BSE MidCap Index declined 0.04 percent and the S&P BSE SmallCap Index slipped 0.2 percent.
HT Media, Praj Industries Among Fab Four Stocks Of The Day
- Praj Industries: Shares of the Pune-based construction company rose as much as 14 percent to Rs 146.70 on heavy volumes. Trading volume more than 6 times its 20-day average.
- Tera Software: The Hyderabad-based software services company was locked in a 20 percent upper circuit at Rs 52.50 after the company won an order worth Rs 325 crore from Andhra Pradesh State FiberNet.
- Kridhan Infra: The Mumbai-based steel products maker rose as much as 9.94 percent, the most in over a month, to Rs 49.75 after its Singapore arm won order worth Rs 168 crore.
- HT Media: The Delhi-based newspaper publisher was locked in 20 percent upper circuit at Rs 47.10 after the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (I&B) announced a hike of 25 percent over and above the existing rate structure for advertisements in print media.
IndusInd Bank Recovers On Meeting Estimates In Q3
Shares of the Mumbai-based private lender rose as much as 1.84 percent to Rs 1,606 after it met Bloomberg consensus estimates in December quarter.
Key earnings highlights:
- Net profit up 5.23 percent at Rs 985 crore versus estimate of Rs 810 crore
- Net interest income up 21 percent at Rs 2,288.1 crore versus Rs 1,895 crore (YoY)
- Gross non-performing assets at 1.13 percent versus 1.09 percent (QoQ)
- Net non-performing assets at 0.59 percent versus 0.48 percent (QoQ)
Market Check: Sensex, Nifty Rebound Led By HDFC, ITC
Indian equity benchmarks rebounded after slipping in negative territory led by gains in HDFC, ITC, HDFC Bank and Axis Bank.
The Sensex rose 0.46 percent or 165 points to 36,147 and the Nifty 50 Index climbed 0.31 percent or 34 points to 10,835.
Market Update: Sensex, Nifty Erase Gains; Yes Bank Among Top Losers
Indian equity benchmarks erased gains paced by losses in Yes Bank, GAIL India, HPCL and BPCL.
The Sensex fell 0.13 percent or 46 points to 35,935 and the NSE Nifty 50 Index declined 0.37 percent or 40 points to 10,842.
The 30-share Sensex declined as much as 387 points from intraday high of 36,250.54 and 50-stock Nifty tested low of 10,749.40.
Eight of 11 sector gauges compiled by National Stock Exchange were trading lower led by the Nifty Metal Index's 1.8 percent fall. On the flipside, Nifty FMCG Index was top gainer, up 0.51 percent.