Nifty Clocks Smallest Gains In Three Years In Samvat 2074
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty End Flat Ahead Of Diwali
Indian equity benchmarks were little changed ahead of Diwali as gains in Reliance Industries, TCS and ICICI Bank were offset by losses in State Bank of India, Axis Bank and Vedanta.
The S&P BSE Sensex rose 0.12 percent or 41 points to 34,992 and the NSE Nifty 50 Index rose six points to 10,530.
Investors will make ceremonial purchases in a one-hour trading session on Wednesday to mark Diwali and beginning of new Samvat.
In Samvat 2074, Nifty clocked least gains in three years as it rose 3.13 percent, data compiled by Bloomberg showed.
In today’s trade, eight of 11 sector gauges compiled by the National Stock Exchange ended lower led by the Nifty PSU Bank Index’s 2.2 percent drop. On the flipside, the Nifty Media Index was the top gainer, up 0.9 percent.
NCLAT Will Hear IndusInd Bank's Plea In IL&FS Case On Nov. 13
National Companies Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) will hear IndusInd Bank’s petition against IL&FS on Nov. 13, IndusInd Bank said in an exchange notification.
- Filed petition seeking amendment to NCLAT's October 15 order on IL&FS.
- Sought permission to appropriate amount already lying towards interest etc on October 31 & thereafter.
- NCLT asked IL&FS group to file reply in matter.
- IL&FS accounts classified as standard as of now.
Voltas Drops Despite Beating Estimates In Q2
Shares of the Mumbai-based air conditioner maker declined as much as 4.3 percent to Rs 517.20 despite beating Bloomberg consensus estimates in September quarter.
Key earnings highlights:
- Revenue up 37 percent at Rs 1,414.7 crore versus Rs 1,031.66 crore (YoY)
- Net profit up 9 percent at Rs 103 crore versus Rs 94.63 crore (YoY); Estimate of Rs 94.4 crore
- Ebitda at Rs 108.6 crore versus Rs 87 crore (YoY)
- Margin at 7.6 percent versus 8.4 percent (YoY)
Dr. Lal Pathlabs Pares Gains After Profit Rises 13% In Q2
Shares of the Mumbai-based clinical laboratories operator pared gains and was up 0.14 percent at Rs 888 after it reported September quarter earnings.
Key earnings highlights:
- Revenue up 14 percent at Rs 317.5 crore versus Rs 278 crore (YoY)
- Net profit up 13 percent at Rs 57 crore versus Rs 50.6 crore (YoY)
Market Update: Nifty Erases Gains; Axis Bank, SBI Top Losers
Indian equity benchmarks erased gains dragged by selling pressure in State Bank of India, Axis Bank, IndusInd Bank and Tata Steel.
The S&P BSE Sensex was little changed at 34,961 and the NSE Nifty 50 Index fell 0.12 percent or 12 points to 10,511. From the day's highs, Sensex fell as much as 263 points and the Nifty 50 Index dropped 94 points.
Eight of 11 sector gauges compiled by National Stock Exchange were trading lower led by the nifty PSU Bank Index's 2.6 percent decline.