February Auto Sales Live: M&M Auto Sales Rise 10%, Tractor Sales Decline
Honda Cars Sales Rise 16%
Honda Cars India Ltd. sold 13,527 units in February compared to 11,650 units in the corresponding month in 2018, according to Bloomberg.
TVS Motors Sales Rise 3%
TVS Motor Company Ltd.'s sales rose 3 percent year-on-year to 2.99 lakh units in February, according to its media statement on the exchanges.
Key Highlights (YoY)
- Total two-wheeler sales rose 2 percent to 2.86 lakh units.
- Domestic two-wheeler sales were flat at 2.32 lakh units.
- Scooter sales fell 9 percent to 86,935 units.
- Three-wheeler sales rose 41 percent to 13,742 units.
- Exports rose 14 percent to 66,570 units.
Tata Motors Sales Falls On 3% On Weak Consumer Sentiment
Tata Motors Ltd. sold 57,221 units last month, a fall of 3 percent from the year-ago period, according to its stock exchange notification. The fall in sales was due to continued weak consumer sentiment, the company said in a statement. India’s largest commercial vehicles maker also saw a decline in medium and heavy trucks due to low demand as a result of the revised axle load norms.
Key Highlights (YoY)
- Domestic passenger vehicle sales was up 2 percent at 18,110 units.
- Domestic commercial vehicle sales down 5 percent at 39,111 units.
- Medium and heavy commercial truck sales down 18 percent at 15,241 units.
- Exports down 39 percent at 2,930 units due to congestion at Bangladesh border, new regulations and political uncertainty in Sri Lanka and slump in Middle East automotive market, the filing said.
Eicher Motors’ VECV Sales Decline Nearly 7%, Shares Fall
Eicher Motors Ltd.’s VE Commercial Vehicles’ sales declined 6.7 percent on a yearly basis to 6,428 units, according to its stock exchange filing.
Shares of the company fell as much as 0.8 percent to 19,720.
M&M Auto Sales Rise 10%, Tractor Sales Decline
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. rose 10 percent on a yearly basis last month while its tractor sales fell 8 percent, according to its stock exchange filing.
Key Sales Highlights (YoY)
- Passenger vehicle sales rose 17 percent to 26,109 units.
- Utility vehicle sales rose 16 percent to 24349 units.
- Sales of cars and vans including company’s unit Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd. rose 25 percent to 1,760 units.
- Commercial vehicle sales rose 1 percent to 21,154 units.
- Light commercial vehicle sales up to 3.5T rose 2 percent to 19,647 units.
- Light commercial vehicle sales above 3.5T fell 8 percent to 821 units.
- Medium and heavy commercial vehicle sales fell 17 percent to 686 units.
- Three wheeler sales rose 10 percent to 5,652 units.
- Total domestic vehicle sales rose 9 percent to 52,915 units.
- Total exports rose 16 percent to 3,090 units.
Tractor Sales Highlights (YoY)
- Domestic sales fell 7 percent to 18,105 units.
- Exports fell 28 percent to 873 units.
Shares of Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. erased gains and fell as much as 0.74 percent to Rs 641.