Don’t Lose Sight Of The Bigger Picture, Says Motilal Oswal’s Aashish Somaiyaa
Investors should focus on macroeconomics while keeping the long-term perspective in mind, according to Aashish Somaiyaa, managing director and chief executive officer of Motilal Oswal Asset Management Company.
“There are times like this when people lose sight of the big picture...and get overly focused on the micro,” Somaiyaa told BloombergQuint, adding that he expects the market situation to be clear after the election results.
Treading Murky Waters
Motilal Oswal AMC has not changed its portfolio due to the near-term concerns, Somaiyya said. The company, he said, keeps away from investing in troubled sectors.
- Says company has exposure in auto segment
- Expects investors to make good returns from the sector in the long run
- Insurance market is under-penetrated
- In India, people buy insurance to save tax
- Insurance a business where brands matter the most
- Sees good room for growth
Non-Banking Financial Companies:
- Lots of damage has been done
- Hopes situation to improve post-elections.
Also read: Don’t Ignore The Credit Risk In NBFCs
Social Media Influence
“The global trade discussions are creating turbulence in the Indian market due to the growing influence of social media,” Somaiyya said. These things, according to him, take years to play out. “Investors should not make early conclusions regarding global issues.”
Watch the full interview here: