All You Need To Know Going Into Trade On May 27
Asian stocks were steady early Thursday after gains in U.S. shares tied to the economic reopening from the pandemic.
Equities dipped in Japan and South Korea but rose in Australia. Traders will be monitoring China to see if stocks and the currency extend a rally.
U.S. equity contracts fluctuated after the Russell 2000 Index of small-caps jumped overnight, while energy producers, retailers and banks helped the S&P 500 Index to a more modest increase.
The Singapore-traded SGX Nifty, an early indicator of India's Nifty 50 Index’s performance, fell 0.24% to 15,264 as of 7:05 a.m.
Oil traded around $66 a barrel as shrinking crude inventories and further signs of a demand pick-up in the U.S. countered concerns around the prospect of more Iranian supply. Gold slipped from a four-month high.
The dollar was steady after rising for the first time this week amid short-covering as investors rebalance their portfolios ahead of month-end. Bitcoin retreated back below $40,000.
Earnings Post Market Hours
BPCL Q4FY21 (Standalone, QoQ)
- Revenue up 15.2% at Rs 76,882.32 crore Vs Rs 66,731.39 crore (Bloomberg estimate: Rs 76,410 crore)
- Net profit up 329.9% at Rs 11,940.13 crore Vs Rs 2,777.62 crore (estimate: Rs 1,980 crore)
- Ebitda up 17.5% at Rs 5,057.85 crore Vs Rs 4,305.78 crore (estimate: Rs 3,379 crore)
- Ebitda margin at 6.6% Vs 6.5% (estimate: 4.4%)
- Gross refining margin stood at $4.06 per barrel in the fiscal ended March 2021 against $2.5 in FY20
- Recommended a final dividend of Rs 58 per share
Cummins India Q4FY21 (Consolidated, QoQ)
- Revenue down 12% at Rs 1,256.25 crore Vs Rs 1,431.02 crore (Bloomberg estimate: Rs 1,420.2 crore)
- Net profit down 30% at Rs 168.56 crore Vs Rs 240.29 crore (estimate: Rs 177 crore)
- Ebitda down 30% at Rs 169.41 crore Vs Rs 242.12 crore (estimate: Rs 207.40 crore)
- Ebitda margin at 13.5% Vs 16.9%
- Recommended a final dividend of Rs 8 per share
Pfizer Q4FY21 (QoQ)
- Revenue down 10% at Rs 534.76 crore Vs Rs 593.49 crore
- Net profit down 29% at Rs 100.55 crore Vs Rs 141.24 crore
- Ebitda down 36% at Rs 125.74 crore Vs Rs 196.77 crore
- Ebitda margin at 23.5% Vs 33.2%
- Recommended a normal dividend of Rs 30 per share and a special dividend of Rs 5 per share
Burger King India Q4FY21 (QoQ)
- Revenue up 20% at Rs 196 crore Vs Rs 163.10 crore
- Net loss at Rs 25.90 crore Vs Rs 29 crore
- Ebitda up 60% at Rs 24.30 crore Vs Rs 15.20 crore
- Ebitda margin at 12.4% Vs 9.3%
Stocks To Watch
- Syngene International: Dyadic International has partnered with the company to develop the Covid-19 vaccine in India.
- Adani Enterprises: Incorporated a wholly-owned subsidiary, Mahanadi Mines and Minerals, to own, develop and operate mines of various minerals.
- Thirumalai Chemicals: Appointed Ramya Bharathram, Whole Time Director and CFO, as Managing Director and CFO of the company.
- Trident: Gunjan Shroff resigned as the Chief Financial Officer of the company citing medical and personal reasons. Shroff will be relieved from the services with effect from May 31.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: To consider bonds/debt securities plan on May 29
- Nifty Earnings: Eicher Motors, Sun Pharmaceutical
- Non-Nifty Earnings: Borosil, Cadila Healthcare, Wockhardt, Aegis Logistics, The Phoenix Mills, Alkyl Amines Chemicals, Solar Industries India, Strides Pharma Science, Stylam Industries, Suryoday Small Finance Bank, Thomas Cook (India), TTK Healthcare, UCO Bank, Amrutanjan Health Care, Infibeam Avenues, Metropolis Healthcare, Axtel Industries, Balrampur Chini Mills, Bharat Bijlee, Black Rose Industries, Capri Global Capital, Dixon Technologies (India), Elecon Engineering Co, Everest Industries, Fine Organic Industries, Garware Technical Fibres, Gujarat Industries Power Co, Goodyear India, Gujarat Pipavav Port, GRM Overseas, Greenlam Industries, Garware Hi-Tech Films, Gujarat State Fertilizers & Chemicals, Hawkins Cookers, HEG, Honda India Power Products Ltd, India Grid Trust, Indostar Capital Finance, India Infrastructure Trust, IRB Infrastructure Developers, Jindal Saw, Kalyan Jewellers India, Kopran, Mangalam Organics, Navneet Education, NOCIL, Page Industries, PC Jeweller, PDS Multinational Fashions, Punjab Chemicals And Crop Protection, Rane Holdings, Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers, Redington (India), Sanghvi Movers, SH Kelkar and Company, Siyaram Silk Mills
Pledge Share Details
- Adani Ports And Special Economic Zone: Promoter Group (Gautam Adani and Rajesh Adani) revoked pledge of 20.50 lakh shares on May 25.
- Adani Transmission: Promoter Group (Gautam Adani and Rajesh Adani) revoked pledge of 3.50 lakh shares on May 25.
- Emami: Promoter Sneha Enclave created a pledge of 24.86 lakh shares between May 24-25.
- Max Financial Services: Promoter Max Ventures Investment Holdings revoked pledge of 16.67 lakh shares between May 24-25.
- Mangalore Chemicals & Fertilizers: Promoter Zuari Agro Chemicals revoked pledge of 72 lakh shares on May 21.
- Steel Strips Wheels: Promoter Chandigarh Developers revoked pledge of 16,000 shares on May 25.As reported on May 26.
- Aarti Surfactants: Promoter Parimal Desai bought 1.01 lakh shares (1.34%) at Rs 1,372.22 per share. Promoter Desai Tarla Parimal bought 1 lakh shares (1.32%) at Rs 1,280.99 per share. Promoter Nikhil Desai bought 40,000 shares (0.53%) at Rs 1,283.13 per share. Promoter Nikhil Holdings bought 97,500 shares (1.29%) at Rs 1,399.65 per share. Promoter Jaya Gogri sold 3.70 lakh shares (4.88%) at Rs 1,249.11 per share.
- Lux Industries: WHV-EAM International Small Cap Equity Fund bought 1.44 lakh shares (0.57%) at Rs 2,537.72 per share.
- Kalpataru Power Transmission: SBI Mutual Fund bought 28.27 lakh shares (1.90%) at Rs 425 per share. Promoter Kalpataru Properties sold 28.88 lakh shares (1.94%) at Rs 425.01 per share.
- Reliance Infrastructure: HDFC sold 31.86 lakh shares (1.21%) at Rs 58.92 per share.
- Vadilal Industries: KIFS Enterprise sold 48,000 shares (0.67%) at Rs 1,006.92 per share.
- Godrej Agrovet: Promoter Godrej Industries bought 2,058 shares on May 21.
- Jindal Steel & Power: Promoter Urmila Bhuwalka bought 2,500 shares on May 19.
- Sandhar Technologies: Promoter Jayant Davar bought 1,044 shares on May 26.
- Ultramarine & Pigments: Promoters (Sridhar Sundararajan, Jayalakshmi Venkataraman and S Narayan) sold 15,000 shares on May 25.
Who’s Meeting Whom
- Computer Age Management Services: To meet Stewart Investors on May 27, Capital Group on May 31 and Warburg Pincus on June 1. Further the company will meet FSSA Investments and Avendus Capital on June 2 and Harding Loevner on June 3.
- Price Band Revised From 20% To 10%: Barbeque Nation Hospitality, Butterfly Gandhimathi Appliances, Hindustan Media Ventures
- Move Into Short-Term ASM Framework: Anjani Portland Cement, HT Media, Ruchi Soya Industries, Thangamayil Jewellery, AVT Natural Products, Navneet Education, TV Today Network, Dish TV India, Hester Biosciences
- Move Out Of ASM Framework: Chambal Fertilisers & Chemicals
- Move Into ASM Framework: Dishman Carbogen Amcis, Butterfly Gandhimathi Appliances
- Move Out Of ASM Framework: Ruchi Soya Industries
- Ex-Date Final Dividend: Avantel, Cigniti Technologies
- Ex-Date Income Distribution: IndInfravit Trust
- Record Date Scheme Of Arrangement And Dividend: Britannia Industries
- Record Date Final Dividend: Tata Consultancy Services
- Nifty May futures ended at 15,302.10; premium of 0.65 points.
- Nifty May futures shed 28.65% and 29,141 shares in Open Interest
- Nifty Bank May futures ended at 34,699.90; premium of 15.7 points
- Nifty Bank May futures shed 26.97% and 14,396 shares in Open Interest
- Securities that continue to be on ban list: Canara Bank and Amara Raja Batteries
- Securities out of the ban list: PNB