All You Need To Know Going Into Trade On May 26
Asian stocks opened largely steady Wednesday after softer economic data weighed on U.S. equities. Treasuries maintained a rally as Federal Reserve officials again predicted transitory price pressures.
Shares fluctuated in Japan, Australia and South Korea. The spotlight will be on China, where stocks Tuesday surged the most since July. U.S. equity contracts rose and Nasdaq 100 futures outperformed, after the S&P 500 slipped and the tech-heavy gauge made a small gain.
The Singapore-traded SGX Nifty, an early indicator of India's Nifty 50 Index’s performance, fell 0.23% to 15,215 as of 7 a.m.
A dollar gauge touched the lowest level since early January. Oil was steady, gold erased 2021 losses and Bitcoin held below $40,000 in the wake of last week’s crypto rout.
Earnings Post Market Hours
Thermax Q4FY21 (Consolidated, QoQ)
- Revenue up 12% at Rs 1,574.52 crore Vs Rs 1,410.59 crore
- Net profit up 29% at Rs 107.35 crore Vs Rs 83.26 crore
- Ebitda down 5% at Rs 139.66 crore Vs Rs 147.58 crore
- Ebitda margin at 8.9% Vs 10.5%
AstraZeneca Pharma India Q4FY21 (QoQ)
- Revenue up 5% at Rs 210.25 crore Vs Rs 200.25
- Net profit up 30% at Rs 27.27 crore Vs Rs 21.05 crore
- Ebitda up 31% at Rs 40.40 crore Vs Rs 30.75 crore
- Ebitda margin at 19.2% Vs 15.4%
Godawari Power & Ispat Q4FY21 (Consolidated, QoQ)
- Revenue up 12% at Rs 1,262.25 crore Vs Rs 1,131.65 crore
- Net profit at Rs 326.95 crore Vs Rs 160.83 crore
- Ebitda up 41% at Rs 489.63 crore Vs Rs 347.02 crore
- Ebitda margin at 38.8% Vs 30.7%
- Recommended payment of final dividend of Rs 13.50 per share
Bayer Cropscience Q4FY21 (QoQ)
- Revenue down 20% at Rs 733.70 crore Vs Rs 918.20 crore
- Net profit of Rs 61.90 crore Vs Net loss of Rs 45.10 crore
- Ebitda down 22% at Rs 82.70 crore Vs Rs 106 crore
- Ebitda margin at 11.3% Vs 11.5%
Lux Industries Q4FY21 (Consolidated, QoQ)
- Revenue up 11% at Rs 596.13 crore Vs Rs 537.61 crore
- Net profit up 21% at Rs 90.64 crore Vs Rs 75.20 crore
- Ebitda up 16% at Rs 123.78 crore Vs Rs 106.84 crore
- Ebitda margin at 20.8% Vs 19.9%
VIP Industries Q4FY21 (Consolidated, QoQ)
- Revenue up 5% at Rs 243 crore Vs Rs 232.53 crore
- Net loss at Rs 3.78 crore Vs Rs 7 crore
- Ebitda down 65% at Rs 3.20 crore Vs Rs 9.19 crore
- Ebitda margin 1.3% Vs 4%
Stocks To Watch
- HPCL: Shut one of the crude units at Vizag refinery on Tuesday, after an overheated line caught fire, said Chairman Mukesh Kumar Surana. The fire broke out at 3 pm and has been extinguished, the company said. No casualties were reported.
- Hinduja Global Solutions: To hire up to 250 remote customer service representatives in Montreal, Quebec to support its ongoing growth of its Canadian entity.
- PNB Housing Finance: Executed a revised Trademark Agreement with Punjab National Bank on May 24. The existing brand arrangement dated December 7, 2009 will continue to govern use of PNB trademark until PNB’s shareholding in the company is 30% or more. Upon PNB’s shareholding falling below 30%, the new agreement will replace the existing agreement. Further, the Board of Directors of the company will meet on May 31 to consider fund raising by issue of equity shares.
- Sun Pharma Advanced Research Company: Appointed Anil Raghavan as Chief Executive Officer for a term of five years i.e up to May 24, 2026. Further, Dilip Shanghvi has resigned as the Managing Director with immediate effect. He will continue to be associated with the board in his capacity as a non-executive director and Chairman.
- Vardhman Textiles: Yarn production up 11.35% year-on-year to 57,256 MT and sales up 6.66% YoY to 56,698 MT. Grey Fabric production up 10.28% quarter-on-quarter to 547 lakh meters and sales up 17.24% QoQ to 57 LM. Processed Fabric production up 5% QoQ to 357 LM and sales up 5.84% QoQ to 344 LM.
- Zuari Agro Chemicals: Incurred a loss of Rs 2.5 crore due to the damages caused by Cyclone Tauktae to its fertilizer plant in Goa.
- Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India: Appointed Sujit Vaidya as Chief Financial Officer with effect from June 1. Vaidya will replace Akhila Balachandar who will cease to be the CFO effective May 31.
- Bajaj Electricals: Appointed EC Prasad, the existing Vice President – Finance and Finance Controller of the company, as Chief Financial Officer with effect from July 1.
- Valiant Organics: Appointed Mahek Chheda as Chief Financial Officer with effect from May 26. Chheda will replace Piyush Lakhani who has resigned on medical grounds.
- Nagarjuna Fertilizers and Chemicals: Appointed Sudhakar Rao Annam as Chief Financial Officer with effect from May 24.
- Nifty Earnings: BPCL
- Non-Nifty Earnings: Allsec Technologies, Arvind, Astra Microwave Products, Berger Paints India, Burger King India, Capital India Finance, Cummins India, LT Foods, Datamatics Global Services, FDC, Gabriel India, Hindustan Composites, Hindustan Foods, J Kumar Infraprojects, Jtekt India, KIOCL, Kewal Kiran Clothing, Manappuram Finance, Mold-Tek Packaging, MPS, Pfizer, Pricol, Sharda Cropchem, Somany Home Innovation, The Investment Trust Of India, Thirumalai Chemicals, Uniphos Enterprises, Vardhman Holdings
Pledge Share Details
- Adani Ports And Special Economic Zone: Promoter Group (Gautam Adani and Rajesh Adani) revoked pledge of 8 lakh shares on May 24.As reported on May 25.
- Amara Raja Batteries: Clarios ARBL Holding LP sold 1.70 crore shares (10%) at Rs 747.22 per share. Integrated Core Strategies Asia Pte bought 17.50 lakh shares (1.02%) at Rs 746 per share. Ghisallo Master Fund LP bought 14 lakh shares (0.82%) at Rs 746 per share. Morgan Stanley Asia Singapore Pte bought 18.06 lakh shares (1.06%) at Rs 746 per share.
- Sandhar Technologies: Nippon India Mutual Fund bought 4 lakh shares (0.66%) at Rs 240.53 per share.
- Schneider Electric Infrastructure: Plutus Wealth Management Llp bought 29 lakh shares (1.21%) at Rs 120.45 per share.
- Aarti Surfactants: Promoter Chandrakant Gogri sold 80,000 shares (1.05%) at Rs 1,404.22 per share.
- The Anup Engineering: HDFC Mutual Fund sold 85,850 shares (0.87%) at Rs 682.02 per share and sold another 85,842 shares (0.87%) at Rs 682 per share.
- Oriental Hotels: Birla Dividend Yield Plus sold 12.15 lakh shares (0.68%) at Rs 39.8 per share.
- Reliance Infrastructure: HDFC sold 50 lakh shares (1.90%) at Rs 58.84 per share.
- Ultramarine & Pigments: Promoter S Narayan sold 7,000 shares on May 24.
Who’s Meeting Whom
- Kirloskar Oil Engines: To meet SBI Mutual Fund on May 27.
- VIP Industries: To meet Neuberger Berman Inc on May 26.
- Price Band Revised From 10% To 5%: Best Agrolife,
- Price Band Revised From 20% To 10%: Century Plyboards (India)
- Move Into Short-Term ASM Framework: Easy Trip Planners, Oriental Hotels
- Move Out Of Short-Term ASM Framework: Nxtdigital, Sanghvi Movers, NACL Industries, Nath Bio-Genes (India), Avadh Sugar & Energy
- Move Into ASM Framework: Tamilnadu PetroProducts, Kirloskar Brothers, Tata Teleservices (Maharashtra), Rajratan Global Wire, Century Plyboards (India)
- Record Date Buyback And Dividend: Welspun India
Money Market Update
- The rupee ended at 72.78 against the U.S. Dollar on Tuesday as compared to Monday's closing of 72.96.
- Nifty May futures ended at 15,233; premium of 24.55 points.
- Nifty May futures shed 19% and 23,859 shares in Open Interest
- Nifty Bank May futures ended at 34,810; premium of 148 points
- Nifty Bank May futures shed 9.20% and 5,412 shares in Open Interest
- Securities added to ban list: Amara Raja Batteries
- Securities that continue to be on ban list: Canara Bank and PNB
- Securities out of the ban list: BHEL