All You Need To Know Going Into Trade On December 22
Asian markets are trading lower this morning, after Wall Street joined a global decline on the back of a new Coronavirus strain in the U.K.
Benchmark indices in Japan, South Korea and Australia are trading with losses. The U.S. Dollar and the treasury yields are steady.
The Singapore-traded SGX Nifty, an early indicator of the Nifty 50 Index’s performance in India, rose 1.1% to 13,411 as of 6:55 a.m.
Short on time? Well, then listen to this podcast for a quick summary of All You Need To Know before the opening bell.
Let’s take a look at the factors that may influence equities in today’s session:
- Futures on the Dow Jones are trading lower by 70 points. The index ended little changed on Monday.
- Global equities are witnessing a pullback after touching record highs recently. Markets in Europe saw their biggest fall since October.
- The pound is stable after a fresh proposal from U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson to secure an 11th hour trade deal with the European Union.
- Yield on the 10-year treasuries stood at 0.93%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude fell 0.4% to $47.78 per barrel.
Get your daily fix of the global markets here.
Stocks To Watch
- Tata Motors: To increase commercial vehicle prices from January 1, 2021. The company said that steady rise in material and other input costs, impact of forex and transition to BS-VI norms, have cumulatively escalated the cost of manufacturing vehicles. The price increase is expected across the portfolio of M&HCV, l&LCV, SCV & Buses. The actual change in price will depend on individual model, variant and fuel type.
- JSW Steel: JSW Steel’s Italian unit has entered into a share purchase agreement with Industrial Development Corporation, South Africa to acquire 30.73% of GSI Lucchini S.p.A. for a cash consideration of 1 million Euros. Acquisition made to strengthen presence in overseas grinding media markets. JSW Steel's Italian subsidiary already holds balance 69.67% stake in GSI.
- NIIT: To consider buyback of equity shares at its board meeting on December 24.
- Lupin: Has received approval for its Rufinamide Oral Suspension, 40 mg/ml, from U.S. FDA, to market a generic equivalent of Banzel Oral Suspension, 40 mg/ml, of Eisai Inc. Rufinamide Oral Suspension, 40 mg/ ml had estimated annual sales of $124.5 million in the U.S. for the 12-month period ending September 2020, as per IQVIA data.
- Wendt: The offer for sale to sell 4.74% of total equity stands withdrawn. Carborundum Universal along with Wendt GmbH had planned to sell 4.74% of the total equity in order to bring down their shareholding to 75%. Withdrawal due to delay in transfer of the sale shares as required under SEBI OFS circulars.
- Kolte-Patil Developers: Announces second phase of strategic land monetisation for Sector R10 of Life Republic with U.K.-based Planet Smart City for Rs 81 crore.
- Cyient: Beijing Administration for Industry and Commerce has approved the de-registration of the company’s wholly-owned subsidiary Cyient Engineering (Beijing) Ltd.
- Indian Bank: The Special Resolution for appropriation of accumulated losses of Rs 18,975.53 crore was passed with requisite majority by the shareholders of the bank during the EGM. The bank had proposed to utilise the amount (Rs 19,833.15 crore) standing in the Share Premium Account for the purpose of setting off the accumulated losses of Rs 18,975.53 crore.
- Engineers India: Fixes January 1, 2021 as the record date for share buyback.
- Thermax: Increased its stake in First Energy Pvt. Ltd. to 100% from 76% by acquiring the remaining stake. With this, First Energy becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company.
- Future Enterprises: Defaults on payment of interest of Rs 13.91 crore due on Non-Convertible Debentures.
- United Spirits: Has completed the sale of all the shares held in its subsidiary Liquidity Inc. With this, Liquidity Inc. ceases to be a subsidiary of the company.
- Antony Waste Handling Cell IPO: Issue subscribed 1.98 times on the first day of bidding. QIB portion subscribed 63%, non-institutional portion subscribed 8% while the retail portion was subscribed 3.56 times.
Pledge Share Details
- Chambal Fertilisers: Promoter Zuari Global revoked pledge of 17 lakh shares between December 17-18.
- LG Balakrishnan & Bros: Promoter V Rajvirdhan revoked pledge of 26.03 lakh shares on December 18.
- The Ramco Cements: Promoter Saradha Deepa created a pledge of 2.48 lakh shares on December 16.
- Adani Enterprises: Promoters Gautam Adani and Rajesh Adani revoked pledge of 38.32 lakh shares on December 18.
- Adani Ports & SEZ: Promoters Gautam Adani and Rajesh Adani revoked pledge 1.27 crore shares on December 18.
- Adani Transmission: Promoters Gautam Adani and Rajesh Adani revoked pledge of 84.97 crore shares on December 18.
- Adani Green Energy: Promoters Gautam Adani and Rajesh Adani revoked pledge of 48 lakh shares on December 18.
- Jindal Steel & Power: Promoters Danta Enterprises and Glebe Trading revoked pledge of 12.12 lakh shares between December 15-16.\
As Reported On December 22.
Who’s Meeting Whom
- Puravankara: To meet Spark Capital Advisors (India) on December 22.
- Indian Energy Exchange: To meet White Oak on December 22.
- Balaji Amines: To meet BOB Capital Markets on December 22.
- Sudarshan Chemical Industries: To meet Franklin Templeton on December 22 and Enam AMC and Dolat Capital on December 23.
- Birlasoft: ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund bought 20 lakh shares (0.72%) at Rs 205.15 per share. Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund bought 20 lakh shares (0.72%) at Rs 205.15 per share. Invesco Mutual Fund bought 20 lakh shares (0.72%) at Rs 205.15 per share. Acacia II Partners L.P. sold 67.11 lakh shares (2.42%) at Rs 205.15 per share.
- Majesco: Edelweiss Retail Finance bought 2.04 lakh shares (0.68%) at Rs 974 per share.
- Max Financial Services: Avendus Absolute Return Fund bought 16.73 lakh shares (0.62%) at Rs 653 per share. Moneyline Portfolio Investments sold 37.40 lakh shares (1.39%) at Rs 654.55 per share.
- Price band revised from 10% to 5%: Jaiprakash Power Ventures
- Ex-Date Dividend: Anant Raj, Bambino Agro Industries, Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation, Inani Marbles & Industries, Orient Beverages.
- Ex-Date Final Dividend: Nikhil Adhesives, Mangal Credit And Fincorp, Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers, Vedavaag Systems.
- Ex-Date Stock Split (From Rs 10 to Rs 5): Starlineps Enterprises
- Move Out Of Short-term ASM Framework: Hindustan Foods, Yes Bank, GTL Infrastructure, Panama Petrochem.
- Filatex India: Promoters acquired 6.05 lakh shares on December 17.
- Great Eastern Shipping: Promoter Gopal Mulji sold 10,000 shares on December 18.
- Godrej Agrovet: Promoter Godrej Industries acquired 19,040 shares on December 16.
As Reported On December 22.
Money Market Update
- The currency ended with losses on Monday at 73.79 against the U.S. Dollar as compared to Friday's close of 73.57.
- The rupee was the fourth worst performing currency in Asia on Monday.
- Nifty December futures end at 13,290; discount of 38 points
- Nifty December futures shed 12.8% and 16.5 lakh shares in Open Interest
- Nifty Bank December futures end at 29,290; discount of 166 points
- Nifty Bank December futures add 15.7% and 2.4 lakh shares in Open Interest
- Nifty Put-Call Ratio at 1.58
- Stocks In F&O Ban: Canara Bank, Punjab National Bank, SAIL, Sun TV
Nifty: December 24 Expiry
- Maximum Open Interest on Call side at 14,000 strike (44.6 lakh shares)
- Maximum Open Interest on Put side at 13,000 strike (21.6 lakh shares)
- Active Options: 13,600 Call (+18.5 lakh shares) and 13,700 Put (-15.3 lakh shares)
Nifty: December 31 Expiry
- Maximum Open Interest on Call side at 14,000 strike (21.9 lakh shares)
- Maximum Open Interest on Put side at 13,000 strike (39.7 lakh shares)