Sensex, Nifty End Higher For Second Consecutive Week
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty End Higher For Second Consecutive Week
Indian equity benchmarks end higher for the second consecutive week.
The S&P BSE Sensex rose 0.54 percent this week and the NSE Nifty 50 ended 0.67 percent higher.
The 31-share index closed nearly 200 points higher today at 36,063.81 and the 50-stock index ended at 10,863.50, up 0.66 percent.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of buyers. About 1,372 stocks advanced and 361 shares declined on National Stock Exchange. All the 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE advanced, led by the NSE Nifty Media Index’s 3.2 percent rally.
Bloomberg Exclusive: KKR, Other Bidders Said To Be Still Interested In Mindtree Stake
Larsen & Toubro Infotech and Baring Private Equity Asia are the leading bidders for a major stake in Mindtree, Bloomberg reported quoting people familiar with the matter.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
- Stock rose as much as 10.5 percent to Rs 142.30.
- Trading volume was almost triple its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 9.4 percent to Rs 183.
- Trading volume was almost 10 times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 8.1 percent to Rs 1,085.
- Trading volume was more than nine times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 6.8 percent to Rs 444.85.
- Trading volume was more than 10 times its 20-day average.
Bloomberg Exclusive: Tata Is Said To Explore Options For Its Struggling Jaguar Land Rover
Tata Group is exploring strategic options for its Jaguar Land Rover Automotive Plc unit including a potential stake sale in the struggling luxury carmaker, Bloomberg reported quoting people familiar with the matter.
Shares of the company rose as much as 3.7 percent to Rs 184.
Top Buzzing Stocks
- Reliance Power: Stock rose as much as 12.1 percent to Rs 12.05.
- Oriental Bank of Commerce: Stock rose as much as 11 percent to Rs 92.
- Magma Fincorp: Stock rose as much as 12.5 percent to Rs 115.20.
- SAIL: Stock rose as much as 9.5 percent to Rs 52.85.