India Inc.’s Earnings To Grow 15% This Year, Says JPMorgan’s Filippo Gori
India Inc.’s earnings are set to grow 15 percent in the ongoing financial year, according to Filippo Gori, head of sales and marketing (markets and investor services) at JPMorgan Asia-Pacific.
The valuation advantage, he said, combined with the earnings growth will be good enough to attract investors. Gori was speaking at the JPMorgan India Summit being held in New Delhi today.
Here are the key highlights from the interview:
- India is an important country for our investors.
- In general, we remain super positive on the country, given the digitalisation that is happening.
- India has fared better than most of the countries with a current account deficit.
- Fiscal orthodoxy is important to keep investors interested in India.
- We expect two hikes between now and the year-end by the U.S. Federal reserve as well as for India.