Private Banks Well-Placed; Bullish On Consumer Stocks, Andrew Holland Says
Private sector lenders will do much better than their public-sector counterparts as they are “well-placed” to drive growth in the banking sector.
That’s according to Andrew Holland, chief executive officer at Avendus Capital Alternate Strategies. “Private sector banks will continue to gain market share as state-owned banks’ fundamentals remain poor,” he told BloombergQuint in an interview.
Here is Holland’s view on other sectors
- Bullish on the sector as the long-term story is playing out.
- Expect double-digit growth in topline to continue.
- Will continue to buy high-priced consumer stocks on earnings growth expectations.
- Bullish on large-cap IT stocks.
- IT well supported by the rupee depreciation.
- Expects re-rating in Tech Mahindra over the year.
Watch the interaction below: