Sensex Ends Lower After Posting Record High Last Week
Closing Bell: Sensex Ends Lower After Posting Record High Last Week; Nifty Closes Below 11,000
Indian equity benchmark S&P BSE Sensex Index ended lower after posting record high last week. The benchmark indices in India today followed its Asian peers after mixed economic data out of China spurred declines.
The 31-stock Index closed 0.6 percent lower at 36,323.77 while the NSE Nifty 50 Index closed at 10,936.85, down 0.7 percent.
The market breadth was firmly tilted in favour of sellers. 10 out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE fell, led by NSE Nifty Pharma Index's 4.3 percent decline. On the flipside, NSE Nifty IT Index was the top sectoral gainer, up 0.6 percent.
IG Petrochemicals, SML ISUZU Are Among The Stocks That Declined The Most In Today's Trade
- Stock fell as much as 9.7 percent to Rs 718.30.
- Trading volume was 11 times its 20-day average.
- Stock fell a smuch as 16.5 percent to Rs 427.05.
- Trading volume was 4.8 times its 20-day average.
Jindal Stainless Hisar
- Stock fell as much as 11.5 percent to Rs 124.
- Trading volume was 2.6 times its 20-day average.
- Stock fell as much as 7.1 percent to Rs 519.
- Trading volume was 1.3 times its 20-day average.
European Stocks Open Steady As Investors Weigh Trump’s Comments
European equities opened little changed as investors mulled the impact of trade tariffs on global growth and as President Donald Trump branded the European Union a “foe.”
Reliance Group Stocks Decline
Shares of the Anil Ambani-led firms declined in today's trade.
Sudhir Jain Group CFO At Minda Industries Speaks To BloombergQuint
Key highlights from the conversation:
- Balances equity stake to be purchased in German company.
- For phase-1, capex will be around Rs 100-120 crore.