Sensex, Nifty Gain For Second Day Led By HDFC Twins, Reliance
Find Out All That You Missed During The Day In Countdown
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty Gain For Second Day
Indian equity benchmarks rose for second straight day led by HDFC twins, Reliance Industries and Maruti Suziki.
The S&P BSE Sensex rose 0.75 percent or 267 points to 35,645 and the NSE Nifty 50 index climbed 0.65 percent or 70 points to 10,770.
For most part of the day, the benchmarks moved in a narrow range but late buying in HDFC Bank helped in breaking out of rangebound trading on the upside.
Eleven out of 19 sector gauges compiled by BSE ended higher led by the S&P BSE Auto index's 1.3 percent gain. On the flipside, the S&P BSE Information Technology index was top loser, down 0.6 percent.
The mid- and small-cap shares ended on a mixed note as the S&P BSE MidCap index fell 0.17 percent while S&P BSE SmallCap index rose 0.4 percent.
Astron Paper & Board Mill Advances On Order Win
Shares of the Ahmedabad-based paper manufacturer rose as much as 6.67 percent to Rs 113.60.
The company has received an order for supply of 4,000 million tonnes of kraft paper valued at Rs 12 crore, Astron Paper said in an exchange filing.
Sobha, Kohinoor Foods Among Fab Four Stocks Of The Day
- Kohinoor Foods: The Delhi-based rice mill operator rose as much as 16 percent to Rs 43.70 after the government hiked minimum support price of paddy.
- Taj GVK Hotels: The Hyderabad-based hotel company rose as much as 8.5 percent to Rs 232 as GVK Group may sell its nearly 50 percent stake in TAJ GVK Hotels and Resorts—a joint venture with Tata Group’s Indian Hotels Company—to Fairfax Holdings, The Economic Times reported.
- Sobha: The Bengaluru-based real estate developer rose as much as 10 percent to Rs 489.90 after Deutsche Bank initiated coverage on the stock with a ‘Buy’ rating for target price of Rs 550.
- Ducon Infratechnologies: The Mumbai-based was locked in a 20 percent upper circuit at Rs 22.80 after its U.S.-based subsidiary won orders worth Rs 52 crore.
NTPC Near Day’s Low After Block Deal
- NTPC has 10 lakh shares change hands in a block. Stock down 1.4 percent at Rs 152.85.
Buyers and sellers were not immediately known