Sensex Halts Four-Day Rally Dragged By FMCG, Capital Goods
Closing Bell: Sensex Halts Four-Day Rally; Nifty Ends Lower For The Second Day
The Indian equity benchmark – S&P BSE Sensex – halted four-day winning streak, while the NSE Nifty 50 Index ended lower for the second straight day.
The 31-stock Sensex ended 0.2 percent lower at 35,103, while the 50-stock Nifty closed at 10,679, down 0.4 percent.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of sellers. Six out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE fell, led by NSE NIfty IT Index's 2 percent decline. On the flip side, NSE Nifty Metal Index was the top sectoral gainer, up 0.8 percent.
PNB Housing Finance Q4 Profit Misses Estimates
Key earnings highlights (Q4, YoY):
- Net profit fell 73.6 percent at Rs 19.2 corre.
- Revenue fell 71.5 percent 1,569.9 crore.
- Gross NPAs at 0.33 percent versus 0.22 percent.(YoY)
- Net NPAs at 0.25 percent versus 0.15 percent (YoY)
- Provisions and write-offs at Rs 44.4 crore versus Rs 66.7 crore (YoY); Rs 56.1 crore (QoQ).
Emami Q4 Profit Declines, Announces Bonus Issue
Shares of the healthcare products maker ended lower for the ninth day, the longest losing streak in five months. The stock closed 1.1 percent lower at Rs 1,095 after the earnings announcement. The company also announced 1:1 bonus issue.
Key earnings highlights (Q4, YoY)
- Net profit down 28 percent at Rs 60.23 crore.
- Revenue up 8 percent at Rs 617 crore.
- Ebitda down 2.8 percent at Rs 173 crore.
- Margin at 28.1 percent versus 31.2 percent.
Adani Ports' Quarterly Profit Declines The Most In Four Years
Shares of Adani Ports ended 1.2 percent lower at Rs 396.40. The Gautam Adani-led company reported its biggest quarterly profit decline since 2014.
Key Earnings Highlights (Q4, YoY)
- Revenue up 42.6 percent at Rs 3,182.8 crore.
- Net profit down 20.6 percent to Rs 927 crore.
- Net Debt at Rs 17,945 crore versus Rs 18,600 crore.
- Margin at 60.7 percent versus 59.8 percent.
- Ebitda up 44.8 percent at Rs 1,931.3 crore.