Sensex, Nifty Post Longest Winning Streak In Nearly Three Months
On Countdown: Find Out About Angel Broking's Bullish Call On LT Foods
Indian equity benchmarks rose for sixth straight day posting their longest winning streak since Jan. 24 led by gains in IT stocks.
The S&P BSE Sensex rose 0.47 percent or 160.69 points to 34,101.13 and the NSE Nifty index advanced 0.4 percent or 41.50 points to 10,458.65.
Fourteen out of 19 sector gauges compiled by BSE ended lower led by the S&P BSE Realty index's 1.8 percent drop. On the flipside, the S&P BSE Information Technology index was the top sectoral gainer, up 3.2 percent.
The mid- and small-cap shares underperformed their large-cap counterparts as the S&P BSE MidCap index fell 0.13 percent and the S&P BSE SmallCap index declined 0.27 percent.
JSW Steel-AION Identified As Successful Resolution Applicant For Monnet Ispat
Shares of JSW Steel fell 1.3 percent to Rs 308.15 while that of Monnet Ispat and Energy rose 1 percent.
JSW Steel informed exchanges that it along with AION Investments has been identified as a successful bidder for Monnet Ispat and Energy.
VST Industries’ Q4 Net Profit Rises 36% To Rs 48.3 Crore
Shares of the Hyderabad-based cigarette maker rose 1.85 percent to Rs 3,136 after it reported March quarter earnings.
Key earning highlights:
- Revenue up 27 percent at Rs 279.1 crore versus Rs 219.9 crore (YoY)
- Net profit up 35.7 percent at Rs 48.33 crore versus Rs 35.6 crore (YoY)
- EBITDA up 27 percent at Rs 79.6 crore versus Rs 62.8 crore (YoY)
- EBITDA margin at 28.5 percent versus 28.6 percent (YoY)
Fab Four Stocks Of The Day
- Orissa Mineral Development: The Kolkata-based iron ore miner was locked in 20 percent upper circuit at Rs 1,901 after the company received six iron and manganese ore mines from government of Odisha.
- Dish TV: The Noida-based direct-to-home cable TV service provider rose as much as 6.76 percent to Rs 78.95 after promoter World Crest and others made open offer to buy up to 50.02 crore shares.
- Capacite Infra: The Mumbai-based construction company rose as much as 5.14 percent to Rs 352.90 after it won a contract worth Rs 163 crore from Sea View Developers for civil and structure work package for construction tower 11 and multi-level car park.
- Hatsun Agro: The Chennai-based dairy products maker rose more than 11 percent to Rs 785 on the back of heavy volumes. Trading volume was 6.9 times its 20-day average.