Sensex, Nifty Register Best Weekly Gains In Over Two Months
Indian equity benchmarks extended gains for the second week and clocked its best weekly performance since Jan. 21.
The S&P BSE Sensex index closed 0.1 percent higher today at 33,626.97, while the NSE nifty 50 Index closed at 10,331.60, up 0.1 percent.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of buyers. Nine out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE advanced, led by NSE Nifty Pharma Index’s 1.4 percent gain. On the flipside, NSE Nifty IT Index Index was the top sectoral loser, down 0.6 percent.
Block Deal Alert
- AIA Engineering: About 30 laskh shares changed hands in a block deal.
Buyers and sellers were not known immediately.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
- Stock fell as much as 2.1 percent to Rs 1,786.75.
- Trading volume was 11.4 times its 20-day average.
Shriram City union Finance
- Stock fell as much as 1.5 percent to Rs 2,299.80.
- Trading volume was 7.6 times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 14.4 percent to Rs 944.80.
- Trading volume was 7.4 times its 20-day average.
Countdown: NALCO's CMD On Its Business Prospects And More
European Stocks Retreat After Biggest Advance Since June 2016
European equities decline for a third session in four days amid a renewed focus on trade tensions between the U.S. and China after notching their biggest gain in 21 months Thursday.