Sensex Ends Five-Day Losing Streak Led By Infosys, HDFC
Indian equity benchmark halted five-day losing streak, lead by the gain in index's heavyweights Infosys and HDFC.
The S&P BSE Sensex Index closed 0.2 percent higher at 32,996.76. On the other hand, NSE Nifty 50 Index closed at 10,124.35, up 0.3 percent.
The market breadth, however, was tilted in favour of sellers. Seven out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE Ltd. advanced, led by NSE Nifty 50 Index's 1.5 percent gain. On the flipside, NSE Nifty Realty Index was the top sectoral loser, down 0.4 percent.
Pratt Is Said to Ship Spare Engines For Grounded IndiGo Jets Within 40 Days, Shares Surge
Shares of the budget carrier operator snapped four-day decline and rose as much as 2.7 percent to Rs 1,248.30.
Pratt & Whitney will provide spare engines within 40 days to get all grounded Airbus SE A320neo aircraft at India’s IndiGo flying again, with the first delivery scheduled for Wednesday, Bloomberg reported, quoting people familiar with the matter.
The stock has returned 38.3 percent in the past 12-months, compared to 13.2 percent advance in Sensex.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
- Stock rose as much as 19.9 percent to Rs 49.55.
- Trading volume was 11.7 times its 20-day average.
Gujarat State Petronet
- Stock fell as much as 7.7 percent to Rs 173.65.
- Trading volume was 6 times its 20-day average.
EIH Associated Hotels
- Stock rose as much as 20 percent to Rs 552.60.
- Trading volume was 5.1 times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 11.5 percent to Rs 23.85.
- Trading volume ws 4.1 times its 20-day average.