Making Money On Stocks Won’t Be Easy In 2018, Market Veterans Say
India’s stock market investors need to temper expectations and choose investment opportunities wisely in 2018, market veterans said unanimously at Panthomath’s New India Conclave in Mumbai.
Here are the key takeaways from the market experts who participated in a panel discussion at the event.
- 2018 will not be a repeat of 2017 in terms of returns generated on equities investments.
- Won’t be easy for investors to make returns on stocks in 2018.
- Nearly Rs 4 lakh crore of non-performing loans are expected to see resolution in next few months.
Nilesh Shah, Kotak AMC
- Focus on business performance while investing in stock markets.
- Scale of recent banking scam in India not as large as perceived.
- History tell us that we have take prompt and corrective measures after such events.
Navneet Munot, SBI Mutual Fund
- 2018 will be a difficult year for the stock market.
- Events such state and national polls coupled with global news flow will add to volatility; expect tough days for the market in the short term.
- India won’t be insulated from external news flow and events despite strong domestic flows.
- Expect corporate and wholesale lending to improve in next 2-3 years.
- Recent bad loan mess has led to lot of reforms relating to resolution and banking.