India automakers are likely to post double-digit sales growth in February, according to a BloombergQuint survey of 35 dealers across the country. Reasons: improved domestic demand, new launches and a low base effect.
Takeaways From The Auto Dealers’ Survey
- January and February are reasonably good months.
- Swift 2018 being received very well and bookings are coming in hot
- Swift Dzire, Brezza continues to remain among the top selling models
- In NEXA segment, Brezza and S-Cross have highest waiting of almost 3-4 months
Mahindra & Mahindra
- Metros and south region are slow. Rest doing well.
- Balero and Scorpio selling better than others
- XUV500 sales are slow
- Strong month across the board for sales
- Focus on premium products
- Top sellers: Tiago in the hatchback and Nexon in the SUV space
- Low base of last year aided sales
- Focus continues to remain on premium bikes
- Still lags TVS Motor in the scooter
- Maestro Edge and 125cc Duet reducing the gap
- Newly launched 125cc scooter NTORQ
- Priced aggressively in the range of Rs 55,000-60,000.
- Seeing healthy pickup in demand
- Strong growth seen in the entry segment
- Domestic volumes to pickup after launch of new Discover and Avenger bikes.