All You Need To Know Going Into Trade On Dec. 29
Asian stocks saw a mixed open on the final trading day of 2017 after a regional benchmark notched a record high on Thursday, capping the best year since the post-global financial crisis rebound of 2009.
The Singapore-traded SGX Nifty, an early indicator of NSE Nifty 50 Index’s performance in India, fell 0.1 percent to 10,498 as of 6:50 a.m.
Short on time? Well, then listen to this podcast for a quick summary of the article!
Here’s a quick look at all that could influence equities on Friday.
- U.S. stocks rose amid thinned-out trading between holidays. The dollar touched its lowest level this month, while Treasury yields rose after Wednesday’s slide.
- The euro was on track for the strongest close in three months after European stocks and core bonds fell.
- Futures on the Nikkei 225 Stock Average were little changed as of 7:28 a.m. in Tokyo.
- Contracts on Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 were flat, while those on Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index were down 0.1 percent.
- The S&P 500 Index rose 0.2 percent Thursday, when the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3 percent to another record close.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index dipped 0.3 percent and the U.K.’s FTSE 100 Index was flat Thursday.
- West Texas Intermediate crude advanced 0.5 percent to $59.91 a barrel on Thursday.
- Gold traded at $1,292.59 an ounce after gaining 0.6 percent Thursday.
- The Bloomberg Commodity Index extended its longest rising streak in more than 12 years as copper headed for its highest level since Sept. 2013.
- Steel trades higher; up 1.3 percent
- Aluminium trades higher for third day; up 1.8 percent
- Zinc trades higher for third day; up 0.6 percent
- Copper trades higher for third consecutive week; up 0.5 percent
- Rubber trades higher; up 0.3 percent
Stocks To Watch
- Reliance Communication to sell the wireless business to Reliance Jio. Proceeds to be used entirely for debt reduction.
- Lupin receives U.S. FDA approval for generic Dovonex scalp solution. The stock will also be focus as Nostrum gets FDA nod for Fortamet, which is one of the biggest drugs of the company
- Aurobindo Pharma gets USFDA nod for Fondaparinux Sodium injection
- Alkem Labs gets USFDA nod for Triamcinolone Acetonide topical cream
- Bank of Baroda to buy UniCredit’s 51 percent stake in Baroda Pioneer AMC, increasing its shareholding to 100 percent
- Jindal Worldwide sold its entire investment in Jindal Synthetics
- GTPL Hathway to acquire remaining 49 percent stake in GTPL Surat Telelink and additional 23.5 percent stake in GTPL Ahmedabad cable network
- Quess Corp to acquire additional 10 percent stake in Golden Star Facilities and services for Rs 5 crore
- Sheela Foam says Rangoli resorts has acquired entire 13.43 percent stake in Polyflex marketing as per NCLT order
- Srikalahasthi Pipes allotted 69.34 lakh shares at Rs 360.5 each in QIP.
- Mahindra Lifespaces got NCLT nod for merger of 3 units with Mahindra World City
- Bombay Burmah says Bombay Dyeing has acquired entire 10.8 percent stake of Archway Investment as per NCLT order
- Centrum Capital to consider fundraising through securities on Jan. 3
- SEBI put a 10 percent cross-shareholding cap in mutual funds and credit rating agencies.
- Brookfield-Kotak bids for JP Power’s assets; deal may close at equity value of Rs 3,500-4,000 crore (Economic Times)
- Astron Paper & Board Mill: To start trading on BSE/NSE after IPO got 243.3 times demand
- Reliance Infrastructure: Macquarie Emerging Markets Asian Trading Pte Ltd sold 16.46 lakh shares (0.6 percent) at Rs 556 each
- Dredging Corp: Kedia Securities bought 1.75 lakh shares (0.6 percent) at Rs 790.92 each
- Nandan Denim: LTS Investment Fund bought 4.65 lakh shares (1 percent) at Rs 165.5 each
- Uttam Galva Steel: Eriska Investment Fund sold 8.5 lakh shares (0.6 percent) at Rs 21.92 each
- New Leaina Investment ltd bought 1.75 lakh shares (1.1 percent) at Rs 400 each
- Aviator global investment fund bought 1.25 lakh shares (0.8 percent) at Rs 400 each
- Promoter Neela gupat sold 97,094 shares (0.6 percent) at Rs 400 each
- Promoter Sudesh gupta sold 2.40 lakh shares (1.5 percent) at Rs 400 each
Amulya Leasing & Finance
- Promoter Sameer Gupta sold 17.62 lakh shares (35.3 percent) at Rs 557.13 each
- Param Value investments bought 4 lakh shares (8 percent) at Rs 555 each
- Fidelity India Fund bought 33,981 shares (0.7 percent) at Rs 560 each
- FIL Investments (Mauritius) bought 4.66 lakh shares (9.3 percent) at Rs 560 each
- Vertex Suppliers bought 60,000 shares (1.2 percent) at Rs 552 each
- Vallabh Bhansali bought 1 lakh shares (2 percent) at Rs 554 each
- Suraj Vallabh Bhansali bought 87,000 shares (1.8 percent) at Rs 554 each
- Ajay Kumar Relan bought 50,000 shares (1 percent) at Rs 554.5 each
- Rohit Dhoot bought 1 lakh shares (2 percent) at Rs 554 each
- Parenteral Drugs, Jaypee Infratech circuit filter revised to 10 percent
- SE Power, Avantel, Orient Press circuit filter revised to 5 percent
- JSW Energy dropped from Nifty Midcap 50 Index
- NBCC added to Nifty Midcap 50 Index
Who’s Meeting Whom
- MCX to meet Ask Investment Managers on Dec. 29
- JMC Projects to meet Aviva Life Insurance on Dec. 29
- Sarla Performance Fibres promoter sold shares 2 lakh shares on Dec. 26 - 27
- Uniply Industries promoter bought 25,000 shares on Dec. 26
Rupee closed at 64.08/$ on Thursday from 64.15/$ on Wednesday
Top Gainers And Losers
- Nifty Jan. Futures trading at 10,518, premium of 30 points versus premium of 40 points
- Across all series: Nifty open interest up 14 percent; Bank Nifty open interest down 6 percent
- Nifty rollover at 73 percent, Bank Nifty rollover at 75 percent
- India VIX ended at 12.2, down 1.5 percent
- Max open interest for Jan. series at 11,000 Call (open interest at 33.7 lakh, up 56 percent)
- Max open interest for Jan. series at 10,000 Put (open interest at 37.7 lakh, up 19 percent)
No stocks in ban list
- Nifty PCR at 1.54 from 1.59
- Nifty Bank PCR at 0.97 from 0.94