Sensex, Nifty Extend Gains To Fourth Day; BPCL, Tata Motors Top Performers
Indian equities rose for fourth straight session led by gains in energy, FMCG, auto and pharma shares.
The S&P BSE Sensex rose 0.87 percent to 32,158.66 and the NSE Nifty 50 Index advanced 0.87 percent to 10,093.05. Gains in today's session were broad-based as the S&P BSE MidCap Index and S&P BSE SmallCap indices rose 1 percent each.
All the 19 sector gauges compiled by BSE Ltd ended higher led by the S&P BSE Realty Index's 2.1 percent gain.
Nifty faces resistance around 10,100 levels, says Dhaval P Vyas, founder and chief market analyst at www.dhavalpvyas.com.
"If Nifty closes above 10,100 consistently for two sessions then chances of it going up to 10,450-10,500 are quite high," Vyas adds.
NBCC Rises On Appointment As Project Management Consultant
Shares of the state-run construction company jumped as much as 4.41 percent, the most since August 14, to Rs 217.65 after it was appointed as project management consultant for two projects.
The projects include redevelopment of ITPO Complex into an Integrated Exhibition-Cum-Convention Centre (IECC) at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi and for canal work in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
The Indian equity benchmarks extended gains and rose to fresh one-month highs led by gains in Tata Steel, Sun Pharma and Tata Motors.
- The NSE Nifty 50 Index rose as much as 91 points or 0.91 percent to 10,097.55
- The S&P BSE Sensex advanced as much as 281 points or 1 percent to 32,163.68
- From the Nifty basket of shares, 44 were trading higher while 7 were among the losers
- The S&P BSE Real Estate Index was the top sectoral gainer, rising as much as 2 percent
Matrimony.com IPO Fully subscribed
The matchmaking and marriage services company's Rs 501 crore IPO was fully subscribed as of 2:30 p.m.
- The issue was subscribed 109 percent as of 2:30 p.m., according to the stock exchange data.
Stocks Gaining On Heavy Volumes
- Elgi Equipments: The Coimbatore-based industrial machinery maker rose as much as 10.5 percent, the most since July 28, to Rs 249.95. Trading volume was 78.6 times its 20-day average.
- BASF India: The Mumbai-based chemical manufacturer climbed as much as 2 percent, the most since September 6, to Rs 1,480. Trading volume was 12.1 times its 20-day average.
- S.P. Apparels: The Ahmedabad-based apparel maker and exporter rose as much as 4.55 percent, the most since September 5, to Rs 423. Trading volume was 27.9 times its 20-day average.
- Arvind SmartSpaces: The Ahmedabad-based real estate company jumped as much as 20 percent to record high of Rs 173.40. Trading volume was 44.3 times its 20-day average.