Nifty Holds 9,300 In Best Week Since March; ITC Falls
S Chand IPO Subscribed 32 Times
- QIB - 37x
- HNI - 87x
- Retail - 5x
- Overall - 32x
Indian shares declined for a second straight session as investors booked profits in recent outperformers, but the indexes posted their best weekly gain in six on earnings optimism.
The S&P BSE Sensex fell 0.37 percent at 29,918, while the NSE Nifty declined 0.41 percent at 9,304. Both the indexes gained nearly 2 percent this week, their best performance since mid-March.
Among the sectoral indices, S&P BSE Realty index dropped 1.8 percent while S&P BSE Technology index shed 0.7 percent
The market breadth was skewed in the favour of losers, with about 5 stocks declining to every 4 stocks that advanced.
India financial markets will remain shut on Monday for a public holiday.
Tata Teleservices Surges As Court Backs Docomo-Tata Settlement
- Shares of Tata Teleservices jumped as much as 20% to Rs 8.30
- Delhi High Court approved Docomo-Tata settlement on $1.2 billion suit
- Court rejected RBI's objection to the above settlement
Ceat Falls On Q4 Profit Miss
- Shares of the tyre-maker fell as much as 2.6%, the most since March 28.
- Q4 net income Rs 66.3 crore versus estimate Rs 80.2 crore
- Q4 revenue Rs 1,640 crore versus estimate Rs 1,540 crore
IPO Update: S Chand & Co.
- IPO oversubscribed on final day
- IPO gets 550% demand for shares offered at 1pm