Investors Carnival: Look Ahead And Don’t Lament Past Losses, Says Safir Anand
Shareholders shouldn’t be overwhelmed by previous losses, according to independent investor Safir Anand.
“It’s important to take decisions based on the present situation and how we expect it to be in the future, instead of letting previous losses overwhelm,” Anand said at the Investors Carnival event In Goa.
Here are Anand’s advises for investors:
- Differentiate the company’s business, strategy and valuation while investing.
- Having money and not investing in the stock during selloff is the biggest fault.
- Good investors increase their systematic investment plans when market falls.
- It’s low risk that get you high return and high risk that causes low returns and not vice-versa.
- Always evaluate not from the appearance, but from the nature of things.
- Don’t try to copy other investors. You don’t know what they are thinking and when they will change their mind.
Watch Safir Anand’s full presentation here: