Weakness Across Asia, China's PMI, Trade-War Damage: Eco Day
(Bloomberg) -- Welcome to Tuesday, Europe. Here’s the latest news and analysis from Bloomberg Economics to help get your day started:
- A swath of weak economic data in Asia greets U.S. and Chinese negotiators as they return to the table for trade talks in Beijing this week
- Stability reigns. Here’s why China’s PMI undershooting isn’t all bad news, according to Bloomberg Economics analysis
- Trade elsewhere. In another trade drama, China offered to assist Cambodia in case the European Union follows through on revoking Cambodia’s tariff-free privileges as retaliation for alleged human rights violations and undermining democracy
- Collateral damage. American farmer income is feeling the pain from U.S.-China trade tensions
- Middle class pitch. Rust Belt workers in the U.S. are getting an earful from former Vice President Joe Biden amid early campaign challenges to President Donald Trump’s re-election
©2019 Bloomberg L.P.