U.S. Jobs Day, ECB Insider Pick, White House Fed Fumble: Eco Day
Happy Friday, Europe. Here’s the latest news and analysis from Bloomberg Economics to help get your day started and send you into the weekend:
- The U.S. jobs report Friday in Washington should show a temporary boost to hiring for the 2020 Census, while Bloomberg Economics sees promise in the Federal Reserve’s bet that economic weakness is temporary, analysis shows
- Same old. The European Central Bank probably will opt for an insider pick as its new chief, shirking the possibility of a fresh-thinking outsider; meanwhile, the current cadre of officials sees an economy that’s stabilizing, according to remarks Thursday
- Fed fumble. Since the White House’s latest pick for the Fed has pulled out, just after disagreeing with the president on a rate cut, lawmakers and analysts are raising questions on the vetting process
- Re-election run. Voters along India’s holiest waterway have doubts as Prime Minister Narendra Modi vies for a second five-year term
- ICYMI: Here’s our weekly review of the global economy
©2019 Bloomberg L.P.