U.K. Economy, Global Trade Tracker, Italy, NEF: Eco Day
(Bloomberg) -- Welcome to Tuesday, Europe. Here’s the latest news from Bloomberg Economics:
- What a Brexit deal can and can’t do for the British economy
- It’s the calm before the storm as the trade war deepens — key gauges of global trade remain near their long-run averages
- Italy signaled it’s not ready to budge on its controversial budget
- Speaking at the New Economy Forum in Singapore, Janet Yellen said the fight against inequality starts with full employment
- The World Trade Organization must be reformed to avoid a Trumpian disaster, former EU Trade Commissioner Peter Mandelson said
- A top deputy to Chinese President Xi Jinping said Beijing remained ready to discuss a trade solution with the U.S.
- Australia kept interest rates at a record low
©2018 Bloomberg L.P.