Singapore Home Sales Halve in December as Buyers Take a Break
(Bloomberg) -- Private-home sales in Singapore halved in December from the month prior as developers marketed fewer projects and buyers decamped from the city-state on holiday.
- Developers sold 602 units last month versus 1,201 in November, the Urban Redevelopment Authority said in a statement Tuesday. That took the 2018 sales tally to about 9,246.
- The total number of apartments launched for sale in December was 101, compared with 1,342 in November.
- The decline isn’t that much of a surprise with December typically a slow month for sales because buyers are away for Christmas and school holidays. Even so, sales in December were the most for that month since 2012
- Although project launches were few, home builders managed to sell more apartments in developments that were launched in November, such as Parc Esta and Whistler Grand
- The 92 percent slump in apartments launched for sale from November to December may sound drastic but is in line with other years
- Link to story on November home sales, click here
- Singapore Home Prices Post First Drop in Six Quarters (1)
©2019 Bloomberg L.P.