Fed Decision Takeaways, China Expo, Draghi on Brexit: Eco Day
(Bloomberg) -- Happy Friday, Asia. Here’s the latest news from Bloomberg Economics:
- The Federal Reserve left interest rates unchanged and stayed on course to hike in December despite recent jitters in financial markets and a critical president; see the key takeaways from our economists here
- The multi-billion dollar deals done at the China International Import Expo in Shanghai this week show both how the nation is opening up, and what barriers still remain
- Two years after India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi shocked the nation by banning high-value cash notes, the opposition is still trying to score political points from the damage done to the economy
- European Central Bank President Mario Draghi expects Brexit negotiations to lead to a “gradual transition,” though he also warned of the risk of financial instability if there is no deal
- Turkey and Argentina may have put their currency crises behind them but a world of pain awaits their economies in the coming quarters, says Moody’s Investors Service
©2018 Bloomberg L.P.