China Trade Plans, Oil Impact, Venezuela's Decline: Eco Day
(Bloomberg) -- Welcome to Thursday, Americas. Here’s the latest news and analysis from Bloomberg Economics to help get your day started:
- China is said to be outlining some terms for agreement ahead of expected talks with the U.S. at the upcoming G-20 gathering
- The drop in oil prices is impacting economies and politics around the world -- here’s our score card
- The situation is particularly dire for Venezuela
- Federal Reserve chief Jerome Powell says the strong American economy still faces a few headwinds, which will influence the pace of interest-rate hikes
- British consumers were starting to flag even before the crisis over Brexit erupted this week
- European Central Bank officials have four weeks left to make up their minds whether to freeze euro-area stimulus at current levels or pump yet more cash into the economy
- What would it cost Italy to leave the EU?
- The central banks of Indonesia and the Philippines -- among Asia’s most aggressive interest-rate hikers this year -- took more policy action on Thursday to shore up their currencies and tamp down inflation
- China’s debt pile-up ranks high among the risks for markets and economies around the world in 2019
- Can Japan raise the national sales tax without tanking growth?
- Finally, here are the four major global trade trends to watch for in 2019
©2018 Bloomberg L.P.