China’s Growth, Tech Decoupling, ECB Bond Buying: Eco Day
(Bloomberg) -- Happy Friday, Americas. Here’s the latest news and analysis from Bloomberg Economics to help take you through to the weekend.
- China joins U.S. as engine of global recovery with record growth
- Analysis by Bloomberg Economics suggests global economic activity continued its recovery in March and early April
- A senior IMF official warns China tech decoupling would slash global GDP
- Women are returning to the U.S. workforce after leaving in droves but they face hurdles ranging from career gaps to patchy school reopenings
- A year into the pandemic, owners of small businesses in the U.S. are still struggling as signs of hope emerge
- The ECB is seen slowing bond-buying by July as vaccinations pick up, according to a Bloomberg survey of economists
- Taiwan and South Korea, two of the world’s biggest makers of semiconductors, show early symptoms of “Dutch disease” as their reliance on the tiny electronic components deepens amid a global chip crunch
©2021 Bloomberg L.P.