(Bloomberg) -- Welcome to Thursday, Asia. Here’s news from Bloomberg Economics to help get your day started:
- Going nowhere: High-level trade talks between the U.S. and China are said to have ground to a halt as the Trump administration threatens to escalate its trade war
- Here’s all you need to know about today’s South Korea interest-rate meeting in our decision-day guide (spoiler: it’s probably on hold)
- Thailand’s military government is seeking Chinese investment to help galvanize a $51 billion development plan to bolster the economy; and here’s why it’s feeling positive about trade with U.K. post-Brexit
- Expensive tastes: Packed art auctions, luxury home sales and exclusive resorts are among telltale signs of an unprecedented rise in rich Filipinos
- India has tried lifting interest rates and burning reserves to stem the rupee’s fall -- what’s next? And here’s how the world’s fastest-growing oil consumer is bucking an emerging-market trend to curb surging prices
- Canada’s central bank raised rates for the fourth time in the past 12 months as inflation hovers at its highest in seven years
©2018 Bloomberg L.P.