Nirmala Sitharaman Press Conference: Finance Minister Announces Fifth Tranche Of Economic Measures
Watch Live | Finance Minister On Covid-19 Package, Part 5
Government Is Not Splurging: Sitharaman
Sitharaman, answering a query on the impact of the stimulus on the fiscal deficit, said the government is “making sure money goes to the right place. The government is not splurging, we are being responsible in spending.”
Total Economic Package: Rs 20.97 Lakh Crore
Sitharaman said the total measures and the steps announced by the Reserve Bank of India are worth Rs 20 lakh crore.
- Trance 1 to 5 measures: Rs 11,02,650 crore
- Earlier stimulus: Rs 1,92,800 crore
- RBI measures: Rs 8,01,603 crore
- Total: Rs 20,97,053 crore
Tranches 4 & 5: Rs 48,000 Crore
The fourth and fifth set of measures are worth Rs 48,100 crore, the finance minister said.
- Viability Gap Funding: Rs 8,100 crore
- Additional MGNREGA allocation: Rs 40,000 crore
Tranche 3: Rs 1.5 Lakh Crore
Sithraman said the third tranche of measures would cost Rs 1.5 lakh crore.
- Agri infrastructure fund: Rs 1,00,000 crore
- PM Matsya Sampada Yojana: Rs 20,000 crore
- Animal Husbandry Infra Development Fund: Rs 15,000 crore
- Food micro enterprises: Rs 10,000 crore
- Herbal cultivation: Rs 4,000 crore
- Operation Greens: Rs 500 crore
- Beekeeping: Rs 500 crore
Tranche 2: Rs 3.1 Lakh Crore
The second set of measures were worth Rs 310,000 crore.
- Free food grain supply to migrant workers is Rs 3,500 crore
- Interest subvention for MUDRA, Shishu loans worth Rs 1,500 crore
- Special credit for street vendors is worth Rs 5000 crore
- Housing subsidy for mid-income category worth Rs 70,000 crore
- Additional emergency working capital through Nabard is Rs 30,000 crore
- Additional credit though Kisan Credit Card is Rs 2,00,000 crore