India Covid-19 Updates: Over 41,000 New Cases, Active Caseload Under 5 Lakh
Covid-19 cases continued to rise in the world's second-worst infected country amid Diwali festivities.
India added over 41,100 new cases in the past 24 hours, taking the total tally to over 88 lakh, according to union health ministry's daily update at 8:00 am on Nov. 15. That includes more than 82 lakh recoveries and and nearly 1.3 lakh deaths.
Daily additions have remained below 50,000 for eight consecutive days now, keeping active cases below the five-lakh mark for the fifth straight day.
Active cases had risen to more than 10 lakh in mid-September. Daily recoveries have also declined but remain higher than fresh cases.
- Total number of confirmed coronavirus cases: 88,14,579
- Active cases: 4,79,216
- Cured/discharged/migrated: 8,20,5728
- Deaths: 1,29,635
- Number of fresh cases in 24 hours: 41,100
- One-day recoveries: 42,156
- One-day deaths: 447
California reported the most Covid-19 cases since August, a day after joining Oregon and Washington in an appeal for arriving travelers to quarantine.
States across the U.S. are tightening rules to stem the virus, which caused a record 190,000 infections on Friday as the federal government faces a stalled presidential transition. Washington Governor Jay Inslee is expected to announce a ban on indoor social gatherings and indoor restaurant dining, the Seattle Times said.
Elon Musk said he “most likely” has a moderate case of Covid-19. South Korea’s daily case tally hit a 2-month high. Mexico’s cases crossed the 1 million mark.
- Global Tracker: Cases top 53.7 million; deaths 1.3 million
- Covid’s rampage means no medical cavalry coming to the rescue
- Trump calls for “big and focused’ virus relief bill
- The death toll from the latest spate of U.S. cases is poised to get worse
- Bloomberg is mapping coronavirus cases across the U.S.
- NYC’s private schools brace for lockdown with Covid rate spike
- Vaccine Tracker: Encouraging breakthroughs offer hope