Covid-19 India Updates: Over 50,000 New Cases; Active Infections Remain Above 6 Lakh
Active Covid-19 infections in India remained above 6 lakh, as the country continued to report more than 50,000 cases in a day.
Nearly 51,700 people tested positive for the coronavirus in the last 24 hours, according to the Health Ministry’s update as of 8 a.m. on June 25. Recoveries during the same period stood above 64,000, taking active cases marginally lower.
The daily fatality rate remained below 1,500 for the fifth straight day. 1,329 patients succumbed to the illness taking the total death toll to 3.93 lakh.
- Total number of confirmed coronavirus cases: 3,01,34,445
- Active cases: 6,12,868
- Total patients cured or discharged: 2,91,28,267
- Deaths: 3,93,310
- Number of fresh cases in last 24 hours: 51,667
- One-day recoveries: 64,527
- One-day deaths: 1,329
- Total vaccination shots administered: 30,79,48,744
- Vaccine doses given in a day: 60,73,912