Covid-19 India Updates: New Infections Remain Below 70,000 For Third Day; Active Cases Above 8.2 Lakh
New cases of Covid-19 in India remained below the 70,000-mark for a third straight day as the country continues to battle the world’s second worst outbreak.
More than 67,000 people tested positive for the deadly pathogen in the last 24 hours, according to the Health Ministry’s update as of 8 a.m. on June 16. The daily positivity rate stood at 3.48%.
Recoveries during the same period remained above 1 lakh, taking active infections to 8.26 lakh.
Despite the sharp drop in daily infection rate, the daily fatality rate remains elevated. 2,330 patients succumbed to the illness in a matter of 24 hours, taking the country’s total death toll to 3.8 lakh.
- Total number of confirmed coronavirus cases: 2,97,00,313
- Active cases: 8,26,740
- Total patients cured or discharged: 2,84,91,670
- Deaths: 3,81,903
- Number of fresh cases in last 24 hours: 67,208
- One-day recoveries: 1,03,570
- One-day deaths: 2,330
- Total vaccination shots administered: 26,55,19,251