Covid-19 India Updates: Less Than 50,000 New Infections; Active Cases Drop Below 6 Lakh
Active Covid-19 infections in India dropped below 6 lakh in a relief to healthcare workers battling the world’s second largest outbreak.
Less than 50,000 people tested positive for the coronavirus in the last 24 hours, according to the Health Ministry’s update as of 8 a.m. on June 26. Recoveries during the same period stood at nearly 65,000, taking active cases to 5.95 lakh.
The daily fatality rate remained below 1,500 for the sixth straight day. 1,183 patients succumbed to the illness taking the total death toll to 3.94 lakh.
- Total number of confirmed coronavirus cases: 3,01,83,143
- Active cases: 5,95,565
- Total patients cured or discharged: 2,91,93,085
- Deaths: 3,94,493
- Number of fresh cases in last 24 hours: 48,698
- One-day recoveries: 64,818
- One-day deaths: 1,183
- Total vaccination shots administered: 31,50,45,926
- Vaccine doses given in a day: 61,19,169