Covid-19 India Updates: Daily Death Rate Drops Below 2,000 For The First Time In Two Months
The daily Covid-19 fatality rate in India dropped below 2,000 for the first time in almost two months as the infection rate continued to ease.
1,587 patients succumbed to the illness in the last 24 hours -- the least number of deaths since April 18 -- according to the Health Ministry’s update as of 8 a.m. on June 18. That takes the country’s total death toll to 3.83 lakh.
More than 62,000 people tested positive for the deadly pathogen in the same day, taking the daily positivity rate to 3.24%.
Active infections dropped below 8 lakh.
- Total number of confirmed coronavirus cases: 2,97,62,793
- Active cases: 7,98,656
- Total patients cured or discharged: 2,85,80,647
- Deaths: 3,83,490
- Number of fresh cases in last 24 hours: 62,480
- One-day recoveries: 88,977
- One-day deaths: 1,587
- Total vaccination shots administered: 26,89,60,399