Covid-19 India Updates: Active Infections Drop Below 6.3 Lakh
Active Covid-19 infections in India dropped below 6.3 lakh, in a relief to healthcare workers battling the world’s second worst outbreak.
More than 54,000 people tested positive for the coronavirus in the last 24 hours, according to the Health Ministry’s update as of 8 a.m. on June 24. Recoveries during the same period stood at nearly 69,000, taking active cases lower.
The daily fatality rate has remained below 2,000 for a week now. 1,321 patients succumbed to the illness taking the total death toll to 3.9 lakh.
- Total number of confirmed coronavirus cases: 3,00,82,778
- Active cases: 6,27,057
- Total patients cured or discharged: 2,90,63,740
- Deaths: 3,91,981
- Number of fresh cases in last 24 hours: 54,069
- One-day recoveries: 68,885
- One-day deaths: 1,321
- Total vaccination shots administered: 30,16,26,028
- Vaccine doses given in a day: 64,89,599