Covid-19 India Updates: Active Cases Below 9 Lakh For The First Time In Over Two Months
Active Covid-19 cases in India dropped below 9 lakh for the first time in more than two months as the country continues to battle the world’s second worst outbreak.
62,200 people tested positive for the deadly pathogen in the last 24 hours, according to the Health Ministry’s update as of 8 a.m. on June 16. The daily positivity rate has fallen to 3.22%.
Recoveries during the same period remained above 1 lakh, taking active infections to 8. 65 lakh.
Despite the sharp drop in daily infection rate, the daily fatality rate remains elevated. 2,542 patients succumbed to the illness in a matter of 24 hours, taking the country’s total death toll to 3.79 lakh.
- Total number of confirmed coronavirus cases: 2,96,33,105
- Active cases: 8,65,432
- Total patients cured or discharged: 2,83,88,100
- Deaths: 3,79,573
- Number of fresh cases in last 24 hours: 62,224
- One-day recoveries: 1,07,628
- One-day deaths: 2,542
- Total vaccination shots administered: 26,19,72,014