Covid-19 India Updates: Active Cases At 7 Lakh As Infection Rate Drops
Active cases of Covid-19 in India have dropped to 7 lakh as the infection rate continues to ease.
Just over 53,000 people tested positive for the coronavirus in the last 24 hours, according to the Health Ministry’s update as of 8 a.m. on June 21. Recoveries during the same period remained significantly higher at 78,000, taking active cases to the lowest since April 4.
The daily fatality rate remained below 2,000 for the fourth straight day. 1,422 patients succumbed to the illness in 24 hours taking the total death toll to 3.88 lakh.
- Total number of confirmed coronavirus cases: 2,99,35,221
- Active cases: 7,02,887
- Total patients cured or discharged: 2,88,44,199
- Deaths: 3,88,135
- Number of fresh cases in last 24 hours: 53,256
- One-day recoveries: 78,190
- One-day deaths: 1,422
- Total vaccination shots administered: 28,00,36,898