Covid-19 India Updates: 50,000 New Cases Took The Total Tally Above 3 Crore
India reported more than 50,000 new cases of Covid-19, taking the total tally at the world’s second most populous nation above 3 crore.
50,800 people tested positive for the coronavirus in the last 24 hours, according to the Health Ministry’s update as of 8 a.m. on June 23. A robust pace of recoveries took active infections lower to 6.4 lakh.
The daily fatality rate remained below 2,000 for the sixth straight day. 1,358 patients succumbed to the illness taking the total death toll to 3.9 lakh.
- Total number of confirmed coronavirus cases: 3,00,28,709
- Active cases: 6,43,194
- Total patients cured or discharged: 2,89,94,855
- Deaths: 3,90,660
- Number of fresh cases in last 24 hours: 50,848
- One-day recoveries: 68,817
- One-day deaths: 1,358
- Total vaccination shots administered: 29,46,39,511
India administered more than 54 lakh shots on Tuesday, the second day vaccines were available free to all adults. However, the 29 crore doses given so far covers only about 10% of the nation’s population.