Coronavirus India Updates: Active Infections Back Above 2.2 Lakh
India’s active Covid-19 infections cross 2.2 lakh once again, even as the country’s inoculation drive picks up pace.
Authorities detected about 24,500 fresh coronavirus cases in 24 hours, according to the Health Ministry’s update at 8 a.m. on March 16. That’s higher than the 20,200 recoveries in the same period of time.
More than 100 people lost their lives to the disease in a day, taking total Covid-19 related fatalities above 1.58 lakh.
- Total coronavirus cases: 1,14,09,831
- Active cases: 2,23,432
- Cured/discharged/migrated: 1,10,27,543
- Deaths: 1,58,856
- New cases in 24 hours: 24,492
- Recoveries in a day: 20,191
- Deaths in a day: 131
- Total vaccinations: 3,29,47,432
- Vaccinations in last 24 hours: 30,39,394
Indian authorities have administered more than three crore vaccination shots since the immunisation drive began in January. Over 30 lakh beneficiaries were given the jab in just the last 24 hours, the highest in any single day.