Coronavirus India Updates: 26,000 Fresh Infections Take Active Cases Near 2.2 Lakh
India reported more than 26,000 new cases of Covid-19 to take the country’s active caseload near 2.2 lakh.
Authorities detected about 26,300 fresh coronavirus infections in 24 hours -- the highest since Dec. 20 -- according to the Health Ministry’s update at 8 a.m. on March 15. That’s much higher than the 17,500 recoveries in the same period of time.
118 people lost their lives to the disease in a day taking total Covid-19 related fatalities above 1.58 lakh.
- Total coronavirus cases: 1,13,85,339
- Active cases: 2,19,262
- Cured/discharged/migrated: 1,10,07,352
- Deaths: 1,58,725
- New cases in 24 hours: 26,291
- Recoveries in a day: 17,455
- Deaths in a day: 118
- Total vaccinations: 2,99,08,038
- Vaccinations in last 24 hours: 1,40,880
Indian authorities have administered nearly three crore vaccination shots since the inoculation drive began in January. More than 1.4 lakh beneficiaries were given the jab in just the last 24 hours.