Coronavirus India Cases: New Cases, Active Infections Drop; Daily Death Rate Below 3,000
New cases of Covid-19 dropped further taking active infections in India below 19 lakh, in a relief to the healthcare system battling the world’s second-largest outbreak.
1.27 lakh people tested positive for the coronavirus in the last 24 hours, according to the Health Ministry's update as of 8 a.m. on June 1. Recoveries during the same period remained significantly higher at 2.55 lakh.
The slowing spread of the pandemic has finally made a dent in India’s daily fatality rate. 2,795 people succumbed to the illness in a day, the lowest in more than a month.
- Total confirmed cases: 2,81,75,044
- Active cases: 18,95,520
- Total patients cured/discharged: 2,59,47,629
- Total deaths: 3,31,895
- Number of fresh cases in last 24 hours: 1,27,510
- One-day recoveries: 2,55,287
- One-day deaths: 2,795
BMC Issues New Guidelines
The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation has issued new, more relaxed Covid guidelines for the Mumbai region that will be in effect for 15 days starting June 1.
1) Essential services shops will remain open from 7 am to 2 pm on all days.
2) Non-essential shops will remain open Monday-Friday from 7 am to 2 pm in the following manner:
- During the first week, shops on the right side of the road will remain open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday whereas shops on the left side will remain open on Tuesday and Thursday.
- From the next week, shops on the left side of the road will remain open on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday whereas right side shops on Tuesday and Thursday.
3) Deliveries of essential as well as non-essential goods are allowed under e-commerce.