Stocks To Watch: Bharti Airtel, BHEL, PNB, TVS Motor, Vodafone Idea
Indian equities fell for the fourth straight day, marking the longest losing streak for the Nifty and Sensex in nearly a month. The S&P BSE Sensex ended 1.1% lower at 49,801 while the NSE Nifty 50 index fell 1.3% to end at 14,721. 48 out of the 50 Nifty constituents ended with losses.
Here are the stocks to watch in trade today:
- Punjab National Bank: Has incorporated new credit cards subsidiary called PNB Cards & Services Ltd. The subsidiary will provide non-financial support services for PNB's credit card business. PNB Cards & Services to be set up with authorised capital of Rs 25 crore and paid up capital of Rs 15 crore.
- Vodafone Idea added customers to its network for the first time in 15 months in January. The mobile operator’s gross subscribers rose by 1.71 million, according to TRAI. Its active subscriber base, however, fell by around 0.3 milion over the preceding month. Bharti Airtel added 6.9 million active subscribers in January, the highest among peers, while Reliance Jio lost 3.4 million subscribers.
- HFCL: Has bagged an order worth Rs 221.16 crore from Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation, for design, manufacture, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of telecommunication systems for Kanpur Metro (Corridor-I and Corridor-II) and Agra Metro (Corridor-I) Projects. The projects are expected to be completed by 2023.
- TVS Motor Company: Board to meet on March 24 to consider and declare second interim dividend, if any for FY21. The record date for the same will be April 2.
- Somany Ceramics: Board has declared an interim dividend of Rs 2.40 per equity share of Rs 2 each for FY21. The record date for the same is March 25. The board has also approved expansion of the production line of double fast firing to produce large format wall tile, at the Kassar Plant. This expansion will cost the company Rs 45 crore. Further the board will make investment in the share capital of Somany Piastrelle, a wholly owned subsidiary of the company, to grant inter-corporate loan to SPPL, in one or more tranches with a maximum cap of Rs 90 crore. The proposed investment is towards setting up a greenfield project of 3.48 million sqm per annum of Glazed Vitrified Tiles at Dhanot, Gujarat by Somany Piastrelle.
- BHEL: Has emerged as the lowest bidder (Rs 10,800 crore) for supply of equipment for 6x700 megawatt nuclear power projects of Nuclear Power Corporation of India.
- Satin Creditcare: Promoters have reduced their pledged shares to 3.09% from 8.9% in July 2020. The promoters hold 2.75 crore shares of the company of which, 8.5 lakh remain pledged.
- IRCTC: 136 contracts, taken over from the railways as per the Catering Policy of 2017 and five long term contracts, that were kept in abeyance, have been terminated. This is in regards to the Madras High Court order to terminate all existing contracts of mobile catering. These contracts were for the regular trains, which are not in operation as on date. There has been no major impact of these terminations and the impact, if any, will be reassessed on resumption of regular train services.
Pledge Share Details
- Kalpataru Power Transmission: Promoter KC Holdings revoked pledge of 17.01 lakh shares on March 15.
- Emami: Promoter Sneha Enclave revoked pledge of 1.82 lakh shares on March 12.
- Delta Corp: Promoter (Aarti Pandit Family) revoked pledge of 13.50 lakh shares on March 16.
- Satin Creditcare Network: Promoter Trishashna Holding & Investments revoked pledge of 5.48 lakh shares on March 15. As reported on March 17.
- Hinduja Global Solutions: Aasia Management and Consultancy bought 10.40 lakh shares (4.98%) at Rs 1,210 per share. Aasia Exports sold 10.40 lakh shares (4.98%) at Rs 1,210 per share.
- SBI Cards and Payment Services: CA Rover Holdings sold 4 crore shares (4.25%) at Rs 985.98 per share.
- Bliss GVS Pharma: LTS Investment Fund sold 5.70 lakh shares (0.55%) at Rs 94.56 per share. Saisons Technocom sold 6.56 lakh shares (0.64%) at Rs 93.8 per share.
Who's Meeting Whom
- CEAT: To meet Axis Securities on March 18.
- HPL Electric & Power: To meet Ace LansDowne on March 18.
- KEC International: To meet BofA Securities India on March 18, Prabhudas Lilladher on March 19, Centrum Broking on March 22 and Motilal Oswal Financial Services on March 25.
- Price Band Revised From 20% To 10%: Emami Paper Mills
- Ex-Date Interim Dividend: IIFL Securities, Engineers India, RITES, ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company, Bharat Dynamics, REC
- Record Date Interim Dividend: Kirloskar Oil Engines
- Ex-Date Stock Split: Dixon Technologies (India)
- Record Date Stock Split: Wardwizard Innovations & Mobility
- Ex-Date Bonus Issue: Infibeam Avenues, Astral Poly Technik
- Ex-Date EGM: Techindia Nirman
- Move Into ASM Framework: Elgi Equipments, IFGL Refractories, Prism Johnson
- Move Into Short-Term ASM Framework: Bliss GVS Pharma, Ashiana Housing, Rajratan Global Wire, Intellect Design Arena
- Deepak Fertilisers & Petrochemicals Corporation: Promoter Robust Marketing Services bought 25,000 shares on March 12.
- Westlife Development: Promoter Horizon Impex sold 97,190 shares on March 16.
- Prakash Industries: Promoter Ved Agarwal bought 40,000 shares between March 15-16.
- Rico Auto Industries: Promoter Arun Kapur bought 3,250 shares on March 15.
- Aarti Industries: Promoters (Bhavesh Mehta and Jaya Gogri) sold 20,000 shares on March 16.
- JSW Energy: Promoter Seema Jajodia sold 51,882 shares on March 12.
- Vardhman Special Steels: Promoter Sachit Jain bought 2.20 lakh shares on March 16.
- HealthCare Global Enterprises: Promoter BS Ajaikumar bought 12,695 shares between March 15-16.
- Godrej Agrovet: Promoter Godrej Industries bought 30,550 shares on March 12.
- HG Infra Engineering: Promoters bought 58,750 shares between March 12-15. As reported on March 17.