Stocks To Watch: Bank Of Baroda, HCL Tech, Aptech, Mahindra Lifespace
Indian equities ended higher for the second straight day but after giving up some gains from the day's high. Gains were mostly supported by heavyweight Reliance Industries. The S&P BSE Sensex ended 0.5% higher at 51,039 while the NSE Nifty 50 index rose 0.8% to end at 15,097. Both Sensex and Nifty ended over 350 and nearly 100 points off their respective day's high.
Here are the stocks to watch in trade today:
- HCL Technologies: HCL America Inc., a wholly owned step-down subsidiary of the company has approved the proposal for issuance of USD denominated unsecured notes aggregating to an amount not exceeding $500 million. The Notes are backed by a corporate guarantee of the company. The Guarantee is subject to the aggregate liability of the Company not exceeding USD 525 million, (105 % of the principal amount of the Notes).
- Infosys: Has announced its commitment to add 300 American workers in Pennsylvania in continuation of its overall hiring plan in the U.S. The company will recruit for a range of opportunities across technology and digital services, client administration, and operations as it expands its new Retirement Services Center of Excellence.
- Bank of Baroda: The Board of Directors has approved raising of funds not exceeding Rs 4,500 crore through issue of equity shares through qualified institutional placement subject to the approval of the regulatory and statutory authorities.
- Aptech: The company currently operates in two business segments – Retail and Institutional. As part of re-organisation of the business, the two segments were evaluated during the meeting of the Strategy Committee. The company has decided to focus on the Retail business and has recommended that, the Institutional (B2B) business be evaluated for a potential exit.
- Mahindra Lifespace Developers: Has acquired 7.89 acres of land to develop a residential project in Kanakpura Road, Bengaluru. The project will offer approximately 5 lakh sq. ft. of carpet area. The launch of the project is planned for FY2022.
- South Indian Bank: The Board of Directors has approved issuance of up to 28.30 crore shares of face value of Re. 1 each to HDFC Life Insurance Company, Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance Company, SBI Life Insurance Company and ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company, at a price of Rs 8.48 per equity share aggregating to Rs 239 crore, on a preferential basis. Further, an extraordinary general meeting of the shareholders of the company is scheduled on March 23, 2021 for seeking their approval for the proposed Preferential Allotment.
- UFLEX: The Brickwork Ratings has reaffirmed the rating of the company's proposed NCD issue of Rs 400 crore at A+/Stable.
- Zensar Technologies: The Board of Directors of the company has authorised the wholly owned subsidiary, Zensar Technologies, to divest 100% of its equity shareholding in Aquila Technology.
Pledge Share Details
- JSW Steel: Promoter Sahyog Holdings revoked pledge of 1.14 crore shares on February 22.
- LG Balakrishnan & Bros: Promoter V Rajvirdhan revoked pledge of 28.02 lakh shares between November 2, 2020 and December 18, 2020.
- Asahi India Glass: Promoter Sanjay Labroo revoked pledge of 1.30 lakh shares on February 23.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries: Promoter Shanghvi Finance revoked pledge of 15.48 lakh shares on February 20.
- Aurobindo Pharma: Promoters (RPR Sons Advisors and P.Suneela Rani) created a pledge of 30 lakh shares on February 24.
- JSW Energy: Promoter JSW Investments revoked pledge of 1.20 crore shares on February 22.
- Orient Cement: Promoter Central India Industries revoked pledge of 24.50 lakh shares on February 23.
- Orient Electric: Promoter Central India Industries revoked pledge of 13 lakh shares on February 23.
- Adani Green Energy: Promoters (Gautam S Adani & Rajesh S Adani) revoked pledge of 10 lakh shares on February 24. As Reported On February 25.
- Himadri Speciality Chemical: BC India Investments sold 2.59 crore shares (6.21%) at Rs 42.96 per share. Plutus Wealth Management LLP bought 97.81 lakh shares (2.34%) at Rs 43.98 per share.
Who’s Meeting Whom
- Eicher Motors: To meet Comgest Singapore on February 26.
- Indian Energy Exchange: To meet Trident on February 26.
- INOX Leisure: To meet Sharekhan on February 26.
- Brigade Enterprises: To meet Zeus Capital and Arth Capital on February 26.
- Symphony: To meet Taiyo Pacific Partners on March 2.
- Price Band Revised From 20% To 10%: Asian Granito India
- Ex-Date Buyback: Smartlink Holdings
- Record Date Buyback: Gujarat Apollo Industries
- Record Date Bonus Issue: Nakoda Group of Industries
- Record Date Interim Dividend: Amara Raja Batteries, Career Point, Dharamsi Morarji Chemical Co, GM Polyplast, The Yamuna Syndicate
- Move Into Short-term ASM Framework: Optiemus Infracom, Yaarii Digital Integrated Services
- Move Out Of Short-term ASM Framework: HEG, Jaiprakash Power Ventures
- Move Out Of ASM Framework: Larsen & Toubro Infotech, Deepak Nitrite
- CG Power and Industrial Solutions: Promoters (Murugappan Arunachalam Children Trust and MA Murugappan Holdings LLP) acquired 2.86 lakh shares between February 22-23.
- Dabur India: Promoter Ratna Commercial Enterprises acquired 15,000 shares on February 23.
- JSW Steel: Promoter Sarika Jhunjhunwala sold 5,000 shares on February 22.
- Deepak Fertilisers & Petrochemicals Corporation: Promoter Robust Marketing Services acquired 1.17 lakh shares on February 23.
- Prakash Industries: Promoter Ved Prakash Agarwal acquired 20,000 shares on February 24.
- Aarti Industries: Promoter Jaya Gogri sold 3,552 shares on February 24.
- NRB Bearings: Promoter Aziz Yousuf Zaveri acquired 3,179 shares between February 19-23. As Reported On February 25.