Stocks To Watch: Aurobindo Pharma, GAIL, NTPC, Tata Consumer, United Spirits
Indian equities ended off the highest point of the day but managed to snap a five-day losing streak in what turned out to be a volatile trading session. The S&P BSE Sensex just managed to end in the green, closing with gains of 7 points at 49,751. The NSE Nifty 50 index ended 30 points higher at 14,707. The Sensex and Nifty fell nearly 600 and 150 points from their respective day's high.
Here are the stocks to watch in trade today:
- Aurobindo Pharma: Has entered into binding agreements to invest Rs 5.38 crore each in NVNR (Ramannapet I) Power Plant and NVNR (Ramannapet II) Power Plant, Hyderabad based solar power generating companies, aggregating to Rs 10.76 crore by subscribing to additional equity shares or other securities of the said solar power generating companies to avail the benefit of captive consumption of solar power. After subscription, the company will hold 26% of the equity share capital of each of the solar power generating companies.
- Coal India: A meeting of Board of Directors is scheduled on March 5, 2021 to consider and approve payment of 2nd Interim Dividend for 2020-21, if any. The company has fixed March 16, 2021 as the record date for the payment of dividend, if declared by the board.
- Isgec Heavy Engineering: Has secured an order for a Steam Generating Island from a public sector refinery in India under competitive bidding. The two Gas Fired Boilers will supply steam to the whole petrochemical unit in this green field project.
- Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders: Has executed a Memorandum of Understanding with Mumbai Port Trust to further the economic growth of the region and the country under the Maritime India Summit 2021.
- NTPC: Has executed Share Purchase Agreements with GAIL (India) for purchase of Gail's share of 25.51% in Ratnagiri Gas and Power and sale of NTPC's share of 14.82% (on fully dilutive basis) in Konkan LNG. After transfer of shares as per the Share Purchase Agreements, the company will exit from KLL and its shareholding in RGPPL will become 86.49%.
- Nava Bharat Ventures: A meeting of the Board of Directors is scheduled on February 26, 2021, to consider the proposal for buyback of equity shares of the company.
- REC: Has priced $500,000,000, 2.25% Notes due 2026, on February 22, 2021 under its USD 7 billion Global Medium Term Note Programme. The Notes will mature on September 1, 2026 and all principal and interest payments will be made in U.S. dollars. The settlement date for the Notes is expected to be March 1, 2021.
- Sun Pharma Advanced Research Company: The Office of New Drugs of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has denied the company’s appeal of the Complete Response Letter in relation to the New Drug Application for Taclantis™. In its Appeal Denied letter, the OND requested the conduct of a new Phase 3 study in metastatic breast cancer patients to support any potential resubmission of the Taclantis™ NDA.
- United Spirits: Has initiated a strategic review of selected brands under its popular category. The review is aimed at continuing the company’s strategy toward long-term profitable growth through premiumising the portfolio. USL’s Popular portfolio comprises around 30 brands and the strategic review will focus on approximately half of this portfolio by volume. This review will not include the McDowell’s or Director’s Special trademarks. The company aims to complete the strategic review by the end of the 2021 calendar year.
- Tata Consumer Products: To replace GAIL (India) on the NIfty 50 index from March 31, 2021.
- UPL: Two workers died and 26 were injured after a fire broke out at the company's Jhagadia Plant in Bharuch district in Gujarat. Other than that 5 workers were missing. The company said the accident might have happened due to fire/explosion in the solvent but did not rule out a foul play. Further the company said it wil announce compensations to deceased and affected workers.
- Mahindra CIE Automotive: Has subscribed to 8.26 lakh equity shares of ReNew Surya Alok which constitute 31.20% of the total issued and paid-up capital of ReNew. The Company has invested aggregate amount of Rs 82.60 lakh at Rs 10 per equity share.
Sanofi India Q4CY20 (YoY)
- Revenue down 3% at Rs 720.3 crore Vs Rs 826.3 crore
- Net profit up 26% at Rs 123 crore Vs Rs 97.3 crore
- Ebitda down 6% at Rs 167 crore Vs Rs 178.2 crore
- Ebitda Margins at 23.2% Vs 21.6%
- Has approve recommendation for payment of a final dividend of Rs 125 per equity share of Rs 10 each and a special dividend of Rs 240 per equity share of Rs 10 each for the year ended December 31, 2020
Pledge Share Details
- Adani Enterprises: Promoters (Gautam S. Adani and Rajesh S. Adani) revoked pledge of 50.48 lakh shares on February 22.
- Adani Ports And Special Economic Zone: Promoters (Gautam S. Adani and Rajesh S. Adani) revoked pledge of 1.51 crore shares on February 22.
- Adani Transmission: Promoters (Gautam S. Adani and Rajesh S. Adani) revoked pledge of 31.01 lakh shares on February 22. As Reported On February 23.
Who's Meeting Whom
- UltraTech Cement: To meet Abu Dhabi Investment Authority on February 24.
- IEX: To meet Fred Alger on February 24.
- Sundram Fasteners: To meet JMP Capital Advisor on February 24.
- Wabco India: To meet Aditya Birla Sun Life Capital Mutual Fund and White Oak Capital Management LLC on February 24.
- Voltas: To meet CLSA India, Motilal Oswal and Edelweiss Management on February 24. To meet BofA Securities and Investec Capital on February 26. To meet Stewart Investors and Dolat Capital on March 2.
- Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India: To meet Banyan Capital Advisors on February 26.
- INOX Leisure: To meet Morgan Stanley Investment on February 25.
- Price Band Revised From 10% To 5%: Central Bank of India, OnMobile Global, Punjab & Sind Bank
- Price Band Revised From 20% To 10%: Hindustan Copper, SORIL Infra Resources
- Record Date Buyback: NIIT
- Record Date Rights Issue: Arvind Fashions
- Ex-Date Interim Dividend: Techno Electric & Engineering Company, Sandhar Technologies, Karda Constructions, Isgec Heavy Engineering
- Record Date Interim Dividend: United Drilling Tools, Ircon International, Cochin Shipyard, Zuari Global, SJVN, Precision Wires India, Oil India
- Move Into Short-term ASM Framework: Affle (India)
- Move Out Of Short-term ASM Framework: Tejas Networks, Greenply Industries
- Move Into ASM Framework: Tejas Networks
- CG Power and Industrial Solutions: Promoters (Meyyammai AM and Murugappan Arunachalam Children Trust) acquired 1.10 lakh shares on February 22.
- Gabriel India: Promoter Asia Investments acquired 31.36 lakh shares on February 22.
- Aarti Industries: Promoter Jaya Gogri sold 24,250 shares on February 22.
- Motilal Oswal Financial Services: Promoters (Motilal Oswal Family Trust and Vaibhav Agrawal) acquired 99,701 shares between February 19-23. As Reported On February 23.