Stocks To Watch: Adani Green, Adani Power, HPCL, Inox Leisure, United Spirits
Indian equity markets ended a highly fluctuating day with gains, extending their winning streak for the third straight day. The S&P BSE Sensex ended 0.9% higher at 40,616, while the NSE Nifty 50 index managed to end above the mark of 11,900, ending with gains of 0.8% at 11,908.
Here are the stocks to watch in trade today:
- HPCL announced Rs 2,500 crore buyback. Board has approved proposal to buyback 10 crore shares (6.56% equity stake) at Rs 250 per share. Buyback price is at premium of 33.9% to the closing prices as on Nov. 4.
- SRF: Board approved the setting up of a second BOPP film line in India at a site in Indore at an approximate cost of Rs 424 crore and setting up of a dedicated facility to produce 200 MT per year of P16 specialty product at Dahej, at an approximate cost of Rs 17.5 crore.
- Jubilant Life Sciences: Board approved raising Rs 100 crore via NCDs. Company’s arm to acquire 25% stake in USA’s Sofie Biosciences for $25 million.
- SBI Cards and Payment Services partners with Paytm to launch Paytm SBI Card.
- Tube Investments: Board approved providing of guarantee(s) in favour of lenders of CG Power and Industrial Solutions towards the financial assistance to be availed by CG Power for an aggregate amount of up to Rs.1,400 crore.
- Kalpataru Power Transmission: All approvals for sale of Alipurduar Transmission received and cash proceeds expected in November 2020.
- Bajaj Auto: LIC increased stake from 5.025% to 7.043% from July 2014 to Nov. 3, 2020.
- Inox Lesiure has started opening multiplex units in Punjab, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra.
Pidilite Industries Q2 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue up 4.08% at Rs 1880.3 crore (Est Rs 1,680 crore)
- Net profit up 9.93% at Rs 356.4 crore (Est Rs 256 crore)
- Ebidta up 39.2% at Rs 512.7 crore (Est Rs 364 crore)
- Margins at 27.3% versus 20.4% (Est 21.7%)
- Lower raw material costs and lower expenses help margins
HPCL Q2 (Standalone, QoQ)
- Revenue up 37.3% at Rs 51,773.3 crore (Est Rs 48,414 crore)
- Net profit down 12.% at Rs 2,477.4 crore (Est Rs 1,484.9 crore)
- EBITDA down 17.2% at Rs 3,603.9 crore (Est Rs 2,895.7 cr)
- Margins at 7% versus 11.5% (Est 6%)
Adani Green Energy Q2 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue down 11.1% at Rs 611.9 crore
- Net profit down 81.2% at Rs 18.8 crore
- Ebidta up 16.7% at Rs 492.9 crore
- Margins at 80.6% versus 61.4%
- Higher depreciation and finance costs charged in current quarter, which increased margins
SRF Q2 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue up 20.9 % at Rs 2,100.8 crore (Est Rs 1,839 crore)
- Net profit up 56.9 % at Rs 315.2 crore (Est Rs 200 crore)
- Ebitda up 73% at Rs 572.5 cr (Est Rs 398 crore)
- Margins at 27.3% versus 19% (Est 21.6%)
- Tax expenses at Rs 116.4 crore versus Rs 4.1 crore
- Margins improve due to lower raw material costs and other expenses
United Spirits Q2 (Standalone, YoY)
- Revenue down 6.55% at Rs 2,145.9 crore (Est Rs 1854.4 crore)
- Net profit down 42.8% at Rs 128.4 crore (Est Rs 115.5 crore)
- Ebitda down 35.1% at Rs 269.7 crore (Est Rs 231.2 crore)
- Margins at 12.6% versus 18.1% (Est 12.5%)
- Margins impacted by higher raw material costs and higher excise taxes
- ABB India
- Adani Power
- Aarti Surfactants
- Adani Transmission
- Aditya Birla Capital
- AstraZeneca Pharma India
- Bajaj Electricals
- Berger Paints
- Birla Corporation
- Caplin Point Laboratories
- Container Corporation of India
- Dalmia Bharat
- Dish TV India
- eClerx Services
- Expleo Solutions
- Godawari Power And Ispat
- Godrej Consumer Products
- Greaves Cotton
- Gujarat Gas
- Inox Leisure
- Jamna Auto Industries
- Man Infraconstruction
- Minda Corporation
- Munjal Showa
- Muthoot Capital Services
- PG Electroplast
- Prataap Snacks
- Somany Ceramics
- Spencer's Retail
- Sumitomo Chemical
- Torrent Power
- Vinati Organics
- Welspun Specialty Solutions
Pledged Share Details
- Adani Transmission promoter SB Adani Family Trust created pledge of 6.4 crore shares on Oct. 29
- Adani Ports & SEZ promoter SB Adani Family Trust created pledge of 15.51 crore shares on Oct. 29
- Sun Pharma promoter Shanghvi Finance created pledge of 27.75 lakh shares on Oct. 29
- LT Foods promoter Raghuvesh Holdings released pledge of 30 lakh shares on Nov. 3
(As Reported On Nov. 4)
Who’s Meeting Whom
- Crisil to meet PGIM India Asset Management on Nov. 5
- CDSL to meet IIFL AMC on Nov. 5
- Dixon Tech to meet Ward Ferry Management, Haitong Securities and other investors from Nov. 5-10
- Adani Ports & SEZ: Europacific Growth Fund sold 2.58 crore shares (1.27%) at Rs 352.01 per share.
- Matrimony.com: SBI MF acquired 5 lakh shares (2.2%) at Rs 628 per share and CMDB II sold 5 lakh shares (2.2%) at Rs 628 per share.
- Move Into ASM Framework: Greenpanel Industries.
- Move Out Of Short Term ASM Framework: Nahar Polyfilms, Music Broadcast.
- HFCL promoter MN Ventures acquired 10 lakh shares on Nov. 4
(As Reported On Nov. 4)
- Nifty November futures closed at 11,908; discount of 1 point versus premium of 10 points
- Nifty November futures Open Interest up 4.9%, adds 4.9 lakh shares in Open Interest
- Nifty Bank November futures closed at 25,684; discount of 86 points versus discount of 3 points
- Nifty Bank November futures Open Interest down 8%, sheds 1.5 lakh shares in Open Interest
- Nifty Put Call Ratio at 1.52
Nifty Monthly Expiry: Nov 5
- Max Open Interest on call side at 12,300 (24.6 lakh shares)
- Max Open Interest on put side at 11,000 (23.7 lakh shares)
- Active options: 11,900 Put (+7.3 lakh shares), 12,300 Call (+11 lakh shares)
Nifty Monthly Expiry: Nov 26
- Max Open Interest on call side at 12,000 (18.4 lakh shares)
- Max Open Interest on put side at 11,000 (25.6 lakh shares)